Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion frighteners

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Hey what’s up gang. Just thought i’d put this out because i can’t seem to find it anywhere else: If any one of you has the Frighteners complete score, i’d be interested in a burned copy of it. I just heard this was in circulation, but have never seen it. By all means give me a type if you know anything. Thanks.

Anonymous

I have the Frighteners score. I’d be happy to burn ya a copy if still interested.

Anonymous

I don’t think there is a real complete score out there. I have 3 different versions of the so called complete score. The complete score comes from someone trying to rip it from the DVD and trying to edit out the SFX and then putting some of the cues from the commercial release. SleepyHello how many tracks and how long is your version?

Steve

Anonymous

Well, I have the actual Frighteners score cd, produced by Danny Elfman, with all the packaging and booklet and all that good stuff. It’s 15 tracks and it’s 41 minutes and 14 seconds including the final track which is the remake of “Don’t Fear the Reaper” by the Mutton Birds. I can take pictures if you want me to.

Anonymous

Actually i have that one you’re talkin about, Sleepy – the regular release. I think it’s the dvd rip that 9fingeredelf mentioned..that’s probobly the one i heard about. Hey 9fingered elf – how’s the quality on that? Worth it or no?

All you other guys, however, thanks alot for your help, man. You’re alright.

– me

Anonymous

and i’m also looking for a rip of the Hulk…but i doubt anyone’s succeeded in doing that.

Anonymous

The quality of the cd is great. It has 36 tracks with Don’t Fear the Reaper as the last track. It is more of an expanded version that complete. I haven’t matched it up with the DVD put there is about 75 minutes worth of score on the cd. It doesn’t have track names, but does come with cover art.

email me if you’re interested,

Steve
    cankuhn@hotmail.com

Anonymous

no prob…thanks for your help!

Anonymous

Hey, 9fingeredElf… I’ve also been dredging the internet in the search of the frighteners score. Is it too rude to also ask for a copy of that CD? Problem is, I’m all the way in London, so if it’s too expensive to mail a CD is there anywhere you can upload the tracks if you’ve got broadband or something?

Sorry if it seems rude to ask out of the blue like this! :os
    All best,
    The J
    >:o)

Anonymous

Steve,

Is it complete, without sound effects or dialogue? If so, then I’ve been waiting for that to arise for years!
    Please respond.
    Thanks,
    Dylan

Anonymous

jeez, I feel like a loser now. heh heh

Anonymous

i wouldn’t say loser, dude…that cd is out of print already. You’re lucky you have it. it’s one of his better scores in the vein of the dead, post Beetlejuice.

Anonymous

>Is it complete, without sound effects or dialogue? from Dylan

I don’t think it’s complete, but I haven’t compared it to the video yet. The cd is 36 tracks which is 79 minutes long with the song “Don’t fear the Reaper” That equals to about 75 minutes worth of score. It also doesn’t have any track names. It has no sound effects or dialog on any of the tracks. I have made up some art work for the CD.

Steve

Anonymous

so then it’s not a rip, unless it’s a really GOOD rip. Man, i wish i knew how they did that…

Thor
    Participant

Been trying to get into this — again! — but I really can’t. I’m not a fan of 75% of Danny’s scores between the mid 90s and the mid 2000s, and this is one of the toughest nuts to crack. Mostly just an endless attack of sturm und drang!

Does anyone really like this score?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.