Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Happy Birthday, Danny Elfman (was: Birthday Card)

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 38 total)
  • Author

Yesterday I was buying a birthday card for a relative. I was at the section with the cards that play music. I saw one about Batman and picked it up thinking it would play the theme to the `60s Adam West show. I was wrong. It was Elfman’s 89 theme. Awesome. You guys should go out and buy it. On a related note…I also saw a Spider-Man card but it didn’t have his theme. Damn `60s theme.

Nick Parker
    Participant

That is pretty cool! The only sound card I ever got had Spock saying “Illogical”, and I do not even like Star Trek….

gordonblu
    Participant

My mom absolutely loves the old “Rudolph” Christmas special, so one Christmas we found a card that had that creepy Santa from the special saying his “Rudolph, with your nose so bright…” line in his creepy voice. Mom didn’t know the card was going to speak to her and jumped out of her seat. Of course I got all of that on video for posterity. Heh heh heh…. (mine is an evil laugh)

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

I love that Santa (voiced by Stan Francis) from RUDOLPH. Nothing creepy about him!

gordonblu
    Participant

It sounded especially creepy coming from the card!

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

I got the STAR WARS one from a friend a few years back. I’ll have to look for the BATMAN one to satisfy my obsessive collector side.

You can find it at Walgreens.

Lucius
    Participant

We should get it and send it to Danny for his birthday on May 29th.

Lucius

DannyBiker
    Participant

Well, it would need to travel all around the globe to be signed by everyone of us… :-p

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

You’ll have to handle the purchasing, as there are no Walgreens stores in Canada.

Mr. Dantz
    Participant

You know, that’s actually kind of a cool idea.

I didn’t know you lived in Canada.

elfboy91
    Participant

I have like 4 Walgreens in my little town… They’re taking over America!!! Or at least Texas….

And Nick.. You should totally watch some Star Trek! I never liked the show but I love all of the movies(well, except V).. and I can’t wait for the next one!

Anyways.. I’ll have to check that card out!

DannyBiker
    Participant

I agree with Mr. Dantz, I also like the idea of sending him an international birthday card. It’s quite close to be a highly nerdish thought but in the end, it’s not… :)

boingomusic
    Participant

We should do it.

Maybe we should start a new topic : Add your name and adress if you want to sign Elfman’s Birthday card.
    And then, we can decide in which order we have to send each other the card, so that it doesn’t travel from one side of the wolrd to the other, everyday…

Oh, and we have to be carefull not to write too much, and leave space for the next persons to come.

Now, we have to see who’s buying the card!

DannyBiker
    Participant

Agreed boingomusic.
    So, who would be a part of it ? Once the list established, someone should volunteer to buy the card and we’ll come up with its journey from there… :)

It might be easier to e-mail him an electronic birthday card.

boingomusic
    Participant

Yes, it would, obviously, be easier, but it’s far from being original. The fact that we’re sending a Batman card, with his music in it, that travelled all around the world, and that he can actually have in his hands is very different from electronic birthday wishes. Then, who has Danny’s e-mail adress??? It’s way more complicated. With the mail, we can just simply contact his agency, or we could send it to Richard and ask if he can give it to him…

elfboy91
    Participant

Yeah.. I like the real card idea better.. I just don’t want my mailing address sitting on here for everyone to see… How do you work around that… I’m sure there’s a way…

Nick Parker
    Participant

I thought Danny Elfman’s E-Mail address was impossible to find….

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Well, it’s Danny Elfman’s birthday today. The big 56.

HB DE.

DannyBiker
    Participant

Yeah, HB DE !

MFADP ! (as in Many Films And Daring Projects !) :)

Can you believe Danny Elfman turns 60 at the end of the month? Crazy.

elfboy91
    Participant

Yup and THE RITE OF SPRING turns 100 on the same day. ;)

Thor
    Participant

Coincidence? I think not.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.