Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Potential Work For Elfman On The Way!

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 120 total)
  • Author
    Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Has Del Toro really given up on Marco Beltrami?

Spider-Fan
    Participant

I believe “Edward Scissorhands” was used as a temp score for the opening of the horrendous original film. Del toro’s not directing this one apparently, just producing and writing so far, so maybe Elfman’s got a pretty good shot!

ddddeeee
    Participant

Del Toro’s next movie that he’ll direct is a horror movie that should be announced anytime now. He was attached to Frankenstein for a while, maybe that’s it? I’d love Danny to score that.

Monsterhead
    Participant

Forget Haunted Mansion and Frankenstein; this is a Elfman/Del Toro collaboration I want to see and hear:

http://www.fangoria.com/index.php?id=1577:at-long-last-is-del-toro-prepping-qmountains-of-madnessq&option=com_content&catid=1:latest-news&Itemid=167

Lucius
    Participant

We can now officially throw this option onto the pile:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=68641

Lucius

moongirl84
    Participant

Danny Elfman and zombies, a very good combination maybe?

DannyBiker
    Participant

With Burton producing it aswell, I’d say it’s a lock… ;-)

Thor
    Participant

VAMPIRES, moongirl, not zombies! :)

moongirl84
    Participant

Whoops, my bad. I must be thinking of another book. Besides I haven’t read it yet.

Spider-Fan
    Participant

If not this, then what about “World War Z,” which Marc Forster’s been attached to direct? He seems the type of creative director that Elfman would like to work with.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Bunnicula (Henry Selick) 2011???

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danny_Elfman#Personal_life
    On filmography.

DannyBiker
    Participant

You know, Wikipedia…
    The same page lists him for Fabe II/III which he doesn’t have anything to do with (I don’t recall hearing his theme for Fable I in Fable II)…

bookbinder3
    Participant

Just no.
    He’s not going to work with Henry Selick again. It’s quite clear they didn’t get on whilst making The Nightmare Before Christmas. Selick hasn’t worked with Elfman since, has he? Nope. Bet you a tenner.

Plus, Elfman already has plenty of other projects to work on.

johnmullin
    Participant

What makes you think that Selick and Elfman didn’t get along on NIGHTMARE? I’m only asking because I’ve never heard that before. It’s known to be the film that ended the Burton / Elfman relationship for a while, of course, but I never saw any indications that Selick had any problems with him.

As for JAMES AND THE GIANT PEACH…Burton and Elfman weren’t speaking at the time, of course, and I always assumed that that’s why he didn’t participate in any of the movies that have Burton’s name as a producing credit. Selick tried to get Disney to go along with a few different singer / songwriters before the studio agreed to Randy Newman (who had yet to score TOY STORY when he was signed). I remember reading that Selick and Burton had a falling out themselves whilst working on that picture in part because Selick felt that Burton wasn’t being hands on enough or helping him with the studio battles.

Since then, he’s directed MONKEYBONE in 2001 and CORALINE in 2009, neither of which involved Burton (or Elfman).

bookbinder3
    Participant

I remember reading somewhere that Elfman found it difficult working on Nightmare when Burton left to work on other things and Selick became full time director, as it were. And that there was some conflict about who should recieve credit for what (remember that Danny was a producer aswell). I think Danny felt like he deserved a little more credit than he got, he had shaped quite alot of the flm through his songs after all.

Now, I’ll have to go link searching for you, but I remember also that Burton later compared Danny, Caroline Thompson and Selick to squabbling children near the end of production, all feeling like they deserved more credit than they were getting.

That, and I think the fact that Elfman hasn’t worked with Selick since their last collaboration, despite several suitable projects, speaks for itself.

Rumors are that Michael Giacchino is composing Captain America, so is there still hope for another Elfman-Johnston collaboration? Here’s the Super Bowl spot.

DannyBiker
    Participant

God, I hope not. No more super-hero score please. And this one looks so silly it’s embarrassing (then again, the Captain America character was never well received outside the US)…

ddddeeee
    Participant

Figured this could use a bump since Epic was recorded in Feb and there’s no future Elfman movies announced. I’m sure he’s taking a well earned break but what else could be coming up?

None of Burton, Raimi or Van Sant have officially committed to anything. Del Toro has a ‘gothic romance’ called Crimson Peak after he finishes with Pacific Rim. Paul Haggis (The Next Three Days) has a romantic drama out this fall, David O’ Russell (Silver Linings Playbook) has another drama too.

Monsterhead
    Participant

Personally, I’d love to see him work again with Sacha Gervasi. HITCHCOCK was a good first movie and they seemed to enjoy working together. Elfman came out to AFI Fest for the premiere and seemed to love writing that score, even though he was slammed.

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Elfman mentioned in a recent interview that he’s working on suites for a concert… Not sure if this was a reference to the UK concert or another one.

ddddeeee
    Participant

Weird goings on on Elfman’s wikipedia page, which claims Elfman is scoring Woody Allen’s next film, About Time for Richard Curtis and comedy The Best Man Holiday.

DannyBiker
    Participant

I mean…Wikipedia…it’s even easier to edit info that on imdb. :)

ddddeeee
    Participant

I thought that maybe they were too random to be fake but I’ve just seen that now Wikipedia says Elfman scored Beautiful Creatures and Oblivion…

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 120 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.