Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Don't Worry, He Won't Get Far on Foot

Viewing 17 posts - 26 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    ddddeeee
    Participant

Sounds like score

ddddeeee
    Participant

A cue is able to buy on Amazon.

ddddeeee
    Participant

ddddeeee
    Participant
    ddddeeee
    Participant

Track (Mother’s Name) is nicked from Promised Land…

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

My Cd shipped yesterday. It seems like a long Elfman drought is finally coming to an end!

Monsterhead
    Participant

I’ve listened to it all the way through once, doing it again as I write this. I love what I’m hearing so far. Track 17 (John’s Speech) is a re-orchestrated version of Oli’s Lullaby from Standard Operating Procedure.

boingomusic
    Participant

Very interesting album.

And I must say I’m always more than happy to hear Danny sing again.
    Even if the song is not to be taken too seriously, it is very reminiscent of early Oingo Boingo fun.
    It sounds like a “Tender Lumplings, part 2”.
    I love it.

ddddeeee
    Participant

Fun, quirky score. Some of the more dramatic moments recall ‘End of the Tour’ a bit, but the jazzier/cartoon (I’m assuming) elements seem quite unique to this one.

I do get the feeling that the Justice League call came while Danny was scoring this – that would explain the Promised Land and SOP lifts (and the Somers cue).

Two interviews here:

http://www.collider.com/danny-elfman-interview-dont-worry-he-wont-get-far-on-foot/

http://www.entertainmentvoice.com/2018/07/12/danny-elfman-talks-crafting-music-for-gus-van-sants-dont-worry-he-wont-get-far-on-foot/

ddddeeee
    Participant

DannyBiker
    Participant

Car Crash has the SOP theme in it as well; this score is like a “Danny Elfman’s Independent Movies Greatest Hits”. That being said, it’s a really pleasant listen every time…

Thor
    Participant

Yes, loving the score too despite the bits and pieces from his other things. This is exactly the Elfman I listen to these days. The JUSTICE LEAGUEs of this world can go take a hike!

ddddeeee
    Participant

The MP3 version has three extra cues.

Monsterhead
    Participant

Has anyone actually seen the movie yet? I caught it last weekend and really enjoyed it. I think that the bonus cues from the MP3 version of the soundtrack are not actual cues from the film, and probably just tacked on as “bonus tracks”. I didn’t expect it to be as funny as it was. “Auntie Tia” comes in during a very memorable and funny sequence.

ddddeeee
    Participant

I’ve unchecked the ‘Mother’s Name’ cue from iTunes. It really takes me out of the listening experience.

I really like Somers’ cue.

ddddeeee
    Participant

The movie was pretty decent – certainly Van Sant’s best in a while.

The ‘Promised Land’ lift is used as a ‘Mother’ theme throughout.

As far as I could tell, ‘The Liquor Store’ and ‘John’s Speech’ went unused. ‘The 12th Step’ is largely an end credit cue.

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Some new quotes from Elfman on DON’T:

“Anytime I can do anything where someone says, ‘That couldn’t be from you,’ that’s like my highest compliment,” Elfman says.

The rest of the score was written for a tiny ensemble of seven players. There are some wordless vocals, but most of it is just a guitarist and Elfman on keyboards and synths. That was mainly due to the film’s small budget, but Elfman enjoys taking a break from the symphonic juggernauts — including his recent score for “The Grinch” — and stripping things down.

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/mowgli-buster-scruggs-and-beyond-streaming-cinema-is-enlisting-a-list-composers-1203097881/

Viewing 17 posts - 26 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.