Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Justice League

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 131 total)
  • Author
    ddddeeee
    Participant

It’s anonymous. If someone had played that music to me and told me it was Zimmer’s latest protégé’s work, I would have believed it. There’s no colour, quirk or personality – there’s no Elfman. Even putting the music to the side, the recording is weak and a lot of it sounds like prelays.

The other cue has Elfman all over it but I thought he was going to run amuck with Williams’ theme but it’s use isn’t very interesting musically. We all love him for his melodic talent and it’s not on display here at all.

I’ll still see the movie/buy the score of course but, like DannyBiker, I’m not excited anymore.

Thor
    Participant

Thankfully, I was not excited about this in the first place. I have FAR higher expectations to the new Gus van Sant movie.

Btw, the second clip on the previous page has been taken down by Youtube authorities. Anyone know of an alternative?

9fingeredElf
    Participant

Here’s the alternative.

sajrocks
    Participant

diggin’ the “hero’s theme”. touches of ultron and spider-man by way of his errol morris music. just wondering why “hero’s” is singular. “friends and foes” has some nice textures. looking forward to seeing how these marry to film. here’s the (double ?) cd tracklist via EW:

Justice League soundtrack

01. Everybody Knows – Sigrid (4:25)
    02.The Justice League Theme – Logos (0:48)
    03. Hero’s Theme (4:17)
    04. Batman on the Roof (2:34)
    05. Enter Cyborg (2:00)
    06. Wonder Woman Rescue (2:43)
    07. Hippolyta’s Arrow (1:16)
    08. The Story of Steppenwolf (2:59)
    09. The Amazon Mother Box (4:33)
    10. Cyborg Meets Diana (2:36)
    11. Aquaman in Atlantis (2:39)
    12. Then There Were Three (1:10)
    13. The Tunnel Fight (6:24)
    14. The World Needs Superman (1:00)
    15. Spark of the Flash (2:18)
    16. Friends and Foes (4:14)
    17. Justice League United (1:24)
    18. Home (3:24)
    19. Bruce and Diana (1:06)
    20. The Final Battle (6:14)
    21. A New Hope (4:36)
    22. Anti-Hero’s Theme (5:35)
    23. Come Together – Gary Clark Jr. & Junkie XL (3:13)
    24. Icky Thump – The White Stripes (4:14)
    25. The Tunnel Fight (Full Length Bonus Track) (10:58)
    26. The Final Battle (Full Length Bonus Track) (12:57)
    27. Mother Russia (Bonus Track) (1:45)

The score 89:30 min, the songs 11:52 min

(updated w/ times via iTunes.)

ddddeeee
    Participant

This interview took place yesterday and Elfman says he only finished the score last week?

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

ddddeeee
    Participant

Why did I find that so funny?

DCEU fans are mad…

Monsterhead
    Participant

Just one Batman theme? Can’t wait to hear it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Wsz2TYxwwk

DannyBiker
    Participant

>> DCEU fans are mad…

Oh man, DCEU fans theorising about these movies like they’re Barry Lindon or Once upon a time in the West will always crack me up…

DannyBiker
    Participant

BTW, Elfman will be doing an AMA on reddit during or right after the release week-end. Prepare questions that will be ignored !

DannyBiker
    Participant

Also, the “27 tracks” soundtrack is coming out on November 10th actually : http://www.filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=123683&forumID=1&archive=0

boingomusic
    Participant

Man… i don’t understand why everyone is so disappointed with these tracks.
    I mean, I get why Zimmer-fans are not happy.
    Because this is high quality music and they definitely can’t understand it because Elfman’s music is too complex for them.

But come on, Elfman fans. You can’t react like that. Nobody knows how Hero’s theme is used in the movie. Maybe it simply doesn’t need an epic theme at that specific moment.
    I don’t care if it’s epic or not.
    I just like the track. It’s clever, it definitely has a strong Elfman vibe. The Batman theme is present in many ways.
    The only thing that surprises me is the way the electronics sometimes cut in, just as if they were edited, cutting the orchestra to get in.
    But this is definitely a choice he made.
    And I’m sure I’ll get used to it.

DannyBiker
    Participant

I guess that the track is just a suite that won’t actually be used in the film or perhaps during the end credits. My main grip is that it lacks ambition in its structure, especially when you know what Elfman is capable of for the genre and in general. Sure, as I listened to it a few more times, it starts to unveils its qualities and merits but it is still not a very engaging experience.

If there’s a composer who likes to explore a theme in many variations during suites and titles sequences, it’s certainly Danny Elfman. But in Hero’s Theme, you get the picture after the first minute and it doesn’t evolve too much from there.

ddddeeee
    Participant

There are half a dozen clips out and they’re much better (regarding the score, the movie still looks weak).
    Case in point:

https://twitter.com/iamthatroby/status/927154724926775297

DannyBiker
    Participant

It’s already gone.. 🙁
    Edit : available here , https://www.flickeringmyth.com/2017/11/five-new-justice-league-clips-arrive-online-danny-elfmans-batman-theme-featured/

FYI, Elfman’s AMA on reddit.com/r/movies will happen on the 20th.

ddddeeee
    Participant

The mixing seems low. Aquaman’s motif is clearly playing at one point but I can’t hear it properly.

DannyBiker
    Participant

New track, listen while it lasts : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WH5nSA5YE4

That’s a bit more engaging…

DannyBiker
    Participant

And Justice League United : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KYHO2cHTBg
    There’s a part of the theme that is really reminiscent of Silvestri’s Avengers Theme. Comics fans will get mad for this…

ddddeeee
    Participant

Oh, I really like the Steppenwolf track. Lord of the Rings via Hellboy II.

DannyBiker
    Participant
    Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

I love the comments on these videos almost as much as the music!

You would think Junkie XL had provided us the great melodies of all-time.

ddddeeee
    Participant

The score has leaked…

Monsterhead
    Participant

Yep. And its glorious.

ddddeeee
    Participant

I feel like it will reveal itself on multiple listens. Some of Elfman’s best action music here.

The Justice League theme isn’t very instant which will kill it for a lot of people, I think.

Monsterhead
    Participant

I hear a lot of other super hero homages in here. “The Amazon Mother Box” starts off with a reprise of Elfman’s HULK theme. I’m pretty into this soundtrack. Naysayers be dammed.

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 131 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.