Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Christmas Elfman

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

I made a CD last winter of Christmas-y Elfman music. I know this is a dumb, cheesey idea, but I’m a weird person anyway. I had tracks from Scrooged (well, the MFADT Scrooged), Batman Returns, Nightmare Before Christmas, Family Man, and Edward Scissorhands. I was kind of dissatisfied with it for a number of reasons, but mostly because I couldn’t fit in all the music I wanted. So I’ve decided to make two new ones and split the music into two groups . . . one for “dark” or “evil” Christmas music (Scrooged, Batman Returns, etc.) and one that’s basically for anything “nicer” (Family Man, Edward Scissorhands, etc.) . . . Does anybody have any suggestions for scores or even just individual tracks from unexpected Elfman sources (I’m a relatively new fan; haven’t heard it all yet!) that might work well on either of these CDs?

Thanks!

Anonymous

No sugestions, yet, but I’ll think on it, and what a cool idea. Guess I’m kinda wierd, too.

Slightly OT-My two year old loves Nightmare and asks for Christmas song. My fundie-christy mom is not amused.

Anonymous

sleepy hollow- track 18- a new day is pleasant enough, so is beetlejuice- track 2- travel music, good will hunting’s main titles are sweet, black beauty and flubber both have a slight christmasy feel which is positive and uplifting, whereas frighteners and darkman contain dark, evil sounding tracks. hope that helped a bit. btw- men in black- track 15- finale is outstanding even it may not sound too chrismasy, its still a decent way to finish ur album along with edward scissorhands- grand finale.

Anonymous

1 Edward Scissorhand’s Opening Titles, Finale, and Ice Dance;
    2 A New Day from SleepyHollow;
    3 Overture, What’s This, and Christmas Eve Montage from NightmareBeforeChristmas;
    4 The Joker’s Poem from Batman;
    5 Main Titles from The Family man (LOVE that theme:)

That’s 9, I could probably think of more if you want me to. . .

Anonymous

Don’t forget Danny Elfman’s “Jingle Hell”. That should fit on there somewhere if you don’t already have it on the list.

Anonymous

never heard of it…

Anonymous

Jingle Hell . . . haha . . . I actually do have that somewhere on the computer . . . for some reason it kind of bothers me. On the other hand, it would be kind of a funny way to start off the “dark” CD.

Also . . . anybody have any title suggestions for the CDs?? It doesn’t have to be strictly Christmasy as long as it suggests something wintery.

Anonymous

cold sounds of hell..ehh, i dunno. another possible track would be a christmas variation on the simpsons theme floating around somewhere.

Anonymous

Music for a Lightened Christmas. :)

I’ve been thinking of creating a Christmas playlist of Danny Elfman music, but not quite sure what to include.

I was thinking:

1. Main Titles from Scrooged (1988)
    2. Christmas Montage from The Nightmare Before Christmas (1993)
    3. Ice Dance from Edward Scissorhands (1990)
    4. Crematorium from Scrooged (1988)
    5. The Finale / End Credits from Batman Returns (1992)

Thor
    Participant

Something from THE FAMILY MAN?

Thor Wrote:

> Something from THE FAMILY MAN?

I don’t own any music from The Family Man.

Thor
    Participant

Yeah, I know it’s hard to get, but at least you have the two tracks on the official album. If you ever find the promo, it has some Christmassy tracks.

sajrocks
    Participant

Beyond the obvious (Scrooged, Edward, Nightmare, Batman Returns, Family Man), I’d recommend the following for their holiday cheer/christmas creepy vibes (some a bit of a stretch!):

“Main Titles”, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
    “Main Titles”/”Beautiful Day”, Flubber
    “Jump for Joy”, Black Beauty
    “At Work”, Sommersby
    “The Moon”, Simple Plan
    “Bliss”, Fifty Shades of Grey
    “Dog Poo”/”Anita’s Theme”, Milk
    “Worm Lounge #1”, Men in Black II (always reminds me of an office christmas party for some reason…)
    “I Forget”, Serenada Schizophrana
    “Finale & Bows”, IRIS

Thor
    Participant

Interesting choices. I don’t quite read “Christmas” into any of those, but we all have our individual associations to the holiday season and its music.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.