Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Danny Elfman does opening music for Oscars 2016

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Thor
    Participant

Apparently, the show opens with an animated short scored by Elfman:

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/2016-oscars-time-producers-reveal-secrets-show/story?id=37218041

boingomusic
    Participant

Wow… That is unexpected, coming from someone who annualy gets ignored by the Academy…
    And it’s even more surprising, when you think about the fact that he does not like this type of ceremony…

It IS odd that Danny Elfman would work for the Academy Awards considering how often they’ve snubbed him, BUT the Oscars telecast gets a HUGE audience and it’s great exposure for Elfman.

DannyBiker
    Participant

$weet $weet expo$ure…

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

The piece sounded cool but seemed to be entirely electronic. When it got big at the Hollywood sign the voiceover buried the music. They cut to Elfman after Ennio’s win for Best Score and gave Elfman his credit for the opening.

Thor
    Participant

Yeah, the shot of Elfman (who was there with his daughter Mali) just after Morricone was announced as the winner, was priceless.

DannyBiker
    Participant

xyMkJ3b.gif

Oh shit, camera is on me, better look super excited for that Italian old man!

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

LOL. What a gentleman.

Thor
    Participant

Does anyone have an audio rip of this opening music that they could send me? That would be mightily appreciated.

ddddeeee
    Participant

He must have wrote this in an hour?

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

I don’t think there is a decent audio rip — if I recall there’s voiceover, crowd noise, sound effects, etc throughout.

Thor
    Participant

Damn! ;(

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.