Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Danny Elfman Project: Rabbit & Rogue

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

http://indi.com/laffdannyelfmanproject

Direct a short film based on a piece from RABBIT & ROGUE. They spelt “Gamelan” wrong, but hey it’s a cool idea.

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Also of note from the press release:

“The soundtrack of Rabbit and Rogue is currently in release by Sony Classical as a digital download with a deluxe, limited edition collector’s edition to follow.”

ddddeeee
    Participant

MINE.

Lambegue
    Participant

YES !

Monsterhead
    Participant

Pretty cool. If I had the time, I would totally submit a short for this

DannyBiker
    Participant

Yeah, 10 years ago I would have been all over the place. Now, I’m just excited for the CD release…

Anonymous
    Inactive

Was this phenomenal work of Elfman ever released on CD ? I could not put a hand on it.
    I really wish it will be. Any further info welcomed.
    I am listening to it over and over again through Spotify,…

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Not yet — no word on when though.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thank you for your reply rkeaveney.
    May I kindly ask you to keep me posted if ever “Rabbit and Rogue” is released physically ?
    Thank you.

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Looks like the jury for the film contest has been announced:

Always dreamed of having your short film scored by Grammy- and Emmy-winning — and four-time Oscar nominee — Danny Elfman? Now’s your chance.

Elfman introduced the Rabbit and Rogue Project in June 2016 as an opportunity for up-and-coming filmmakers to use selections from his “Rabbit and Rogue” album as inspiration and a soundtrack for their short films.

The competition, produced in partnership with the LA Film Festival and Indi.com, allows filmmakers to use selections from Elfman’s “Rabbit and Rogue” and compete for the opportunity to premiere their film at the 2017 LA Film Festival.

The festival announced Thursday the first five judges for the project: Paul Haggis (“Crash”), McG (“Charlie’s Angels”), Rob Minkoff (“The Lion King”), Sam Taylor-Johnson (“50 Shades of Grey”) and Gus Van Sant (“Good Will Hunting”).

The competition will award six winners, one for each of Elfman’s compositions, and the deadline for filmmakers to apply is April 15.

The LA Film Festival is June 14-22.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/la-et-entertainment-news-updates-danny-elfman-and-la-film-festival-1485455628-htmlstory.html

DannyBiker
    Participant

That’s an impressive jury !

Thor
    Participant

Indeed. Also love all the winkie emoticons after each director’s name in Ryan’s post! ;)

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.