Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion elfman nominated for a golden globe!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    stanleyfilms
    Participant

danny elfman’s score for “alice in wonderland” was nominated by the hollywood foreign press association for a golden globe. the other nominees are:

alexandre desplat, for “the king’s speech”
    a.r. rahman, for “127 hours”
    trent reznor and atticus ross, for “the social network”
    and hans zimmer for “inception”

it’s elfman’s first globe nomination since 2003’s “big fish,” and he was nominated only one other time, for 1993’s “the nightmare before christmas.”

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

It’s too bad the Globes are so tainted. But congrats anyways!

elfboy91
    Participant

It’ll still be cool to see him there. The GGs are soooo laid back compared to every other award show… excluding the Grammys which SUCK!!

ddddeeee
    Participant

San Diego Critics nominated him also.

Could he even get an Oscar nod?

Alice was also nominated for Best Picture (Comedy or Musical) and Best Actor (Johnny Depp).

Natrebo
    Participant

The coolest thing about the Golden Globes is that you can drink there, so the speeches are always more lively and less stiff.

lonzoe
    Participant

Congrats to Danny on his well deserved noimination.

evil-dead
    Participant

So not to get too nerdy here but, has any one else ever noticed the similarity in it’s most basic form of alice’s theme and black beauty main titles? i might be generalizing the whole i-IV-i chord progression thing, but is the melody similar to anyone else’s ears? just wondering, because I always hear it…

Spider-Fan
    Participant

Congrats to Danny for the recognition, but John Powell’s “How to Train Your Dragon” got no love? That was one of my favorites this year.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.