Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Elfman to score a ‘Twilight’ saga film?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster
    Torque
    Participant

well Howard Shore (yeah I know! Howard Shore!!) write music for ‘Eclipse’ and that is horrible thing. I can take this if Elfman will sign on this vampire crap (pardon me).

Mr. Dantz
    Participant

Seems he’d have to be desperate.

DannyBiker
    Participant

As long as it’s a Van Sant collaboration, I’m not too worried…

Despite how bad these movies have been so far the scores have actually been pretty good. Carter Burwell’s score for Twilight was pretty good. Alexandre Desplat’s score for New Moon was very good. And since Howard Shore is scoring Eclipse, I expect another good score there as well. So, Elfman will be in good company if he ever decides to join the franchise.

TenderLumpling
    Participant

So… will every Twilight film have a different main theme?

Now, I’m not going to speak for Elfman, however, knowing his tastes, I bet he thinks these movies are immeasurably stupid. That said, he *loves* working with Gus.

So… will every Twilight film have a different main theme?

It seems that way.

Now, I’m not going to speak for Elfman, however, knowing his tastes, I bet he thinks these movies are immeasurably stupid.

Let’s be honest. Elfman has composed his share of dumb movies. Summer School, Hot to Trot, and Flubber quickly come to mind. I can understand the first two since it was during his early years, but Flubber? Come on. What was he thinking? So, if Elfman scored a Twilight movie I wouldn’t be that surprised.

boingomusic
    Participant

Come on guys, don’t be so hard on him about his choices…

Seriously, I really doubt he chose these movies because he liked them… But I think any composer loves challenges, and sometimes, a movie, no matter how dumb it is, can bring inspiration and give new musical style directions. For example, I’m pretty sure what attracted elfman in a project like Flubber was more the “mambo-like” ideas, than the movie itself.

I’m pretty sure Elfman would have awesome ideas for a Twilight movie, no matter what the movie looks like…
    Remember that he worked with Peter Jackson on the Frighteners simply because he wanted to collaborate with that director, but he’s always admitted that it was Jackson’s worst film…

As a composer, I totally see how someone could me musically inspired by a project, even if the movie itself isn’t that good…

Natrebo
    Participant

I believe Flubber happened because he signed a deal to score a few Disney films and that turned out to be one of them… It occasionally happens that composers will sign a deal with a studio, just like Bands will sign a deal with a record label for X amount of albums.

TenderLumpling
    Participant

For example, I’m pretty sure what attracted elfman in a project like Flubber was more the “mambo-like” ideas, than the movie itself.

Certainly. Plus, Danny had a three-picture deal with Disney at that time.

I’m pretty sure Elfman would have awesome ideas for a Twilight movie, no matter what the movie looks like…
    Remember that he worked with Peter Jackson on the Frighteners simply because he wanted to collaborate with that director…

Because of Heavenly Creatures, if I recall. Danny does that with many of his movies. It certainly explains why he’d score Terminator Salvation.

As a composer, I totally see how someone could me musically inspired by a project, even if the movie itself isn’t that good…

Well, like I said, Danny loves working with Gus; however, I don’t see Gus Van Sant taking the job. It would be interesting though. Gus really lets Danny run wild.

It certainly explains why he’d score Terminator Salvation.

Danny is a fan of McG?

DannyBiker
    Participant

Of course. Who isn’t ?

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Now, where can they fit in “Weepy Donuts”? :)

moongirl84
    Participant

I hope and pray that he DOESN’T do it.

It doesn’t really matter. Danny has scored crappy movies before. Atleast it’ll be a high-profile gig and not one where he’ll have to compete with the sound effects.

elfboy91
    Participant
    Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Might be a first — Carter Burwell could return to TWILIGHT after scoring the first and skipping 2, 3!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.