Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Expanded Edward Scissorhands

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    ddddeeee
    Participant

Look at all that’s listed here.

http://d2mastering.com/

Lalo Schifrin “Enter The Dragon”

Lalo Schifrin “Bullitt”

Jerry Goldsmith “The Blue Max”

Alan Silvestri “Predator 2”

Graeme Revell “Titan AE”

Various “Queenie”

Danny Elfman “Edward Scissorhands”

Various “Planet Of The Apes” (TV)

This is one score I’ll happily buy again. Been waiting forever for the 20th Cetury Fox logo music. :)

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

If those other titles are any indication, this looks likely!

ddddeeee
    Participant

I wonder if the Midnight Run release lalaland alluded to ages ago is still going ahead…

lonzoe
    Participant

Nice catch! The movie turns 25 this year. So hopefully it’ll be coming out this holiday season.

Thor
    Participant

Everyone knows I don’t like expanded releases of anything, but I must admit — I can’t really remember a lot of unreleased music from this. Are we talking, like, maximum 5-10 minutes in total?

ddddeeee
    Participant

Not very much. On the top of my head the logo music, short cue during the show and tell, the long shot leading to Edward in the bathroom with the walls all cut, a bit more suburbs music, a short cue with Edward looking sad while cutting a bush (I think) and then the talk show cue and the cue at the mall that were included in the Elfman/Burton box. I think there might be a little extra in the fight at the end but I can’t quite remember.

lonzoe
    Participant

Hopefully they include the music from this trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWFa8zfWfeA

ddddeeee
    Participant

I’d also love ‘The Grand Finale’ without the choir as used in the other trailer.

ddddeeee
    Participant

Sounds like Intrada are releasing this on Monday…

9fingeredElf
    Participant

It’s not listed on Intrada’s coming page: http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/sc.13/category.21780/it.C/.f

ddddeeee
    Participant

It’ll be announced on Monday. On Facebook they’re giving hints (sorry I can’t link) and one is clearly Edward Scissorhands.

9fingeredElf
    Participant

ddddeeee Wrote:

> It’ll be announced on Monday. On Facebook they’re
    > giving hints (sorry I can’t link) and one is
    > clearly Edward Scissorhands.

Do you mean this? http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/sc.13/category.60330/.f 12/4/15

ddddeeee
    Participant

Yes but he also goes on to mention that the movie celebrates its 25th anniversary this month. :)

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Clearly, Edward Scissorhands. :)

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

And it was announced… :)

Looks like score + bonus tracks (minus the Tom Jones track) runs 68:29.

The OST + tracks from the Elfbox totalled around 51:19 (not including the synth demos.)

“Introduction (Titles)” also appears to include the FOX logo music. Nice!

http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.9655/.f?sc=13&category=-113

Emotionally rich, grand Danny Elfman soundtrack for famed 1990 Tim Burton fantasy romance with dark overtones finally gets expanded treatment! Johnny Depp plays Edward in nervous, moving fashion, Vincent Price wraps his own legendary career as The Inventor, Winona Ryder plays beautiful romantic lead Kim Boggs, Kathy Baker enacts comic neighbor Joyce. Tale is by turns spellbinding and eccentric, haunting and romantic. Danny Elfman tackles multiple musical challenges by covering every base: ideas are tuneful, melodic, quirky, exciting, inventive, powerful, grand, intimate – and ultimately haunting. Main theme alternates between major harmonies, minor ones as upwards-leaning melody unfolds in gently yearning fashion. With gentle arpeggio figures, transparent orchestrations, boys choir in the mix, this theme remains one of Elfman’s most heartfelt and endearing. Even in its most passioned, sweeping orchestral/choral perorations, this theme remains tender and romantic, colored with a tinge of tragedy. Beautiful writing! Numerous thematic ideas cover all those other bases, from comic hair-cut scenes to dramatic chase scenes, from wistful nostalgic overtones to crescendoing scares. Yet no matter how far out Burton and Elfman take things, incredibly haunting love story kindles all other elements throughout. Expanded edition available courtesy UMG & 20th Century Fox. Production by Nick Redman, audio restoration, assembly by Mike Matessino & Neil Bulk, detailed notes by Jeff Bond, package design by Joe Sikoryak. Absolutely winning score! Danny Elfman composes, Shirley Walker conducts orchestra, adult choir, Paulist Choristers Of California. CD available as part of Intrada INT series!

01. Introduction (Titles) (2:53)
    02. Storytime (2:36)
    03. Castle On The Hill (6:23)
    04. Beautiful New World/Home Sweet Home (2:41)
    05. Ballet De Suburbia (Suite) (1:17)
    06. Esmeralda (0:27)
    07. The Cookie Factory (2:18)
    08. Etiquette Lesson (1:38)
    09. Housewives/Esmeralda 2/Paper Dolls (1:23)
    10. Edwardo The Barber (3:19)
    11. Kim At The Mall/Talk Show (1:45)
    12. Cloth World (0:50)
    13. The Heist (2:52)
    14. The Tide Changes/Kim Spies/Edward’s Rage (3:29)
    15. Ice Dance (1:47)
    16. Confrontation (1:12)

17. Edward’s Rampage (0:36)
    18. Paranoia/Final Cut/Devil Bush (3:06)
    19. Death! (3:32)
    20. The Plot Unfolds (2:59)
    21. The Final Confrontation (3:10)
    22. Farewell (2:46)
    23. The Grand Finale (3:24)
    24. The End (4:47)

The Extras
    25. Trailer (2:12)
    26. Kim Spies/Kim At The Mall/Paranoia (Alternates) (2:38)
    27. O Little Town Of Bethlehem/Hark! The Herald Angels Sing (2:29)
    28. With These Hands (Performed by Tom Jones) (2:45)

DannyBiker
    Participant

Available only on their website ?

ddddeeee
    Participant

Ordered along with The Monkey King!

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

DannyBiker, it might be carried by other soundtrack retail sites.

Have to say, I do not like the cover.

The key art is fine – same as theatrical. But what is with that type around the title logo? Is the “Danny Elfman” some lame attempt to match? Everything else is so crunched and claustrophobic.

Compare this to the original soundtrack album from 25 years ago, which feels classic and well thought out.

What a shame…

DannyBiker
    Participant

Hey, at least it’s not this.

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

YIKES.

DannyBiker
    Participant

Oh dear, I just realized her hands make a heart…

ddddeeee
    Participant

I’ve enjoyed so much of the guys writing that I feel bad knocking him but Jeff Bond wrote these liner notes in twenty minutes yeah?

CD sounds great.

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

I mentioned much the same thing on FSM. The notes are adapted from the Elfman box book, which is disappointing because there’s no mention of how the actual Intrada release came together.

That said, the music sounds brilliant — it’s like hearing the score as if it were brand new. Highly recommended.

Monsterhead
    Participant

I second what Ryan states above. It really is an unexpected treat to hear this is such crisp clarity; something I must have been listening to off and on for nearly half my life.

Really love hearing the Trailer score in full, but damned if I can recall Track 12 “Cloth World” — where does that scene happen in the movie?

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.