Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion IMDB oddities?!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Thor
    Participant

Perusing Elfman’s entry at imdb, you’ll find many things in addition to his regular assignments. Lots of cameos of themes in other settings etc. However, there are also some oddities that I don’t really know what to make of. Are they for real or are they an imdb glitch (which is not that uncommon)? Any info on these entries appreciated:

Cinemaker (2004) (V) (composer: stock music)

—> I assume by ‘stock music’, it’s just some famous Elfman score that is merely not listed with name.

No Experience Needed (2005)

—> A glitch?

Mazer World (2001)

—> A glitch?

The Benchwarmers (2006) (writer: “Fire”)

—> As someone who isn’t that up-to-speed on Elfman track titles, is this a track from a score? If so, what?

Condo Painting (2000) (writer: “Sweet Condo”, “Wacky Circus Condo”, “Friendly Condo”, “Dreamy Condo”) (performer: “Sweet Condo”, “Wacky Circus Condo”, “Friendly Condo”, “Dreamy Condo”)

—> A glitch?

Proud Iza (2008) (voice) …. Cat

—> For the longest time, I thought this was an imdb glitch too, untill I discovered this site: http://www.fernfilms.org/, where you’ll see a poster boasting Elfman as both narrator and composer. What’s this film all about, though? Anyone know? Why did he do it? A friend favour, perhaps?

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

“Fire” is likely, well, “Fire” from SPIDER-MAN (an unreleased cue). I haven’t seen THE BENCHWARMERS, and considering it stars Jon Heder, I never fucking will!

Thor
    Participant

rkeaveney Wrote:

> “Fire” is likely, well, “Fire” from SPIDER-MAN (an
    > unreleased cue). I haven’t seen THE BENCHWARMERS,
    > and considering it stars Jon Heder, I never
    > fucking will!

The guy from NAPOLEON DYNAMITE? What’s your beef with him? I think he did a pretty good job there.

Thor
    Participant

Alright, I’ve been doing some further digging on the net myself, and this is what I’ve come to:

MAZER WORLD and NO EXPERIENCE NEEDED are two fantasy/horror shorts by film students/budding film directors and it is likely that they’ve “mixed” their own Elfman soundtracks to their movies, using existing scores of his.

CINEMAKER is a DVD box with tips to the aspiring filmmaker from various people in the biz. Elfman is listed alongside composers Richard Band, Brian Benison and Wayne Scott Joness (I’ve never heard of the last two) as providing “stock music”. Again, I refuse to believe that they’ve provided ORIGINAL stock music for this, and that it is instead bits and pieces of their existing work.

As Ryan points out, the track “Fire” in THE BENCHWARMERS is indeed from SPIDERMAN, and not an original composition.

As for CONDO PAINTING, I am actually now quite convinced that this is an original piece that none of us have heard of. It’s a documentary on the psychelic painter George Condo, and several online Elfman bios list this as a “brief excursion” into indie land for Danny. He’s apparently written 5 “songs” for this film. None of them appear on the film’s released soundtrack, however.

PROUD IZA is, as I said, another Elfman assignment that we’ve never talked about. I’m very curious about this, since he’s also the narrator.

Alright, that’s what I found myself. Any more info heartily appreciated, fellow Elfmaniacs! :)

TJ

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Completely unfunny.

DannyBiker
    Participant

You don’t have a girlfriend don’t you ? :)

As for George Condo, I think the Serenada Schizophrana CD cover was one of his piece of work…

Thor
    Participant

Danny Biker Wrote:

> You don’t have a girlfriend don’t you ?
    >
    > As for George Condo, I think the Serenada
    > Schizophrana CD cover was one of his piece of
    > work…

Girlfriend? No, I don’t. Are you looking for a date? :)

Thanks for the info on the CONDO/Seranada. I didn’t know there was a connection there.

As an Elfman completist, I’d like to have total control over his output. That’s why it’s nice to know these things.

Nick Parker
    Participant

I confess, I am very curious of this Proud Iza as well. Danny Elfman was very prolific during 2008, it would seem….

Thor
    Participant

I’ve now found out what NO EXPERIENCE NEEDED is all about. It’s a student film, alright, about a guy driving around in a coroner van. The only Elfman in it is the Boingo song “Dead Man’s Party” played over a montage. The film is on youtube and the montage can be viewed from 3:15 here:

Spider-Fan
    Participant

He was funny in “Blades of Glory,” but I didn’t care for “Napoleon Dynamite”. However I got to meet him a few months ago, and he was a really nice guy.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.