Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion “Impress your friends….know the latest etc.”

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Thor
    Participant

I’m referring to the tagline that Ryan has on the bottom of this page: http://elfman.filmmusic.com/new_projects.htm which says:

“Impress your friends. Know the latest on Danny Elfman easier and faster than them. Read the discussion board”.

He, he…my friends don’t even know who Danny Elfman is and couldn’t give a squiggling monkey’s ass about Elfman news.

I don’t know….I just thought it was a bit funny. :)

Kipobe
    Participant

Yeah, same here. I use Elfman’s name so many times in a day either in my mind or on the internet with fellow Elfnuts, but everytime I say it out loud, or to someone I know, they give me a blank look that pretty much characterizes their confusion personified:(

Most still confuse a score with a commercial soundtrack:(

Dawg Man
    Participant

Dude, I know.

Back in the days when I was in a US Government high school in Germany my buddies didn’t know who the hell I was talking about when I told them who I listened to. They’d be listening to Nirvana or some shit and I’d be chilling to the smooth sounds of Batman Returns. They’d laugh and make fun everytime they saw a CD.

Then ofcourse we’d all get drunk as hell on the economy and I’d pull out my CD player and play 94’s Boingo for them. That was their first real introduction and there was no more laughing after that. That CD was so awesome.

TenderLumpling
    Participant

It’s funny. All of my closest friends adore Danny Elfman, his film music and Oingo Boingo.

In fact, one of my best friends, who is actually Napoleon Dynamite’s brother (the actor not the character) — name-dropper! — was the one who brought to my attention that there was a name behind some of my favorite music from all of Tim Burton’s movies; (It was before Ed Wood came out.) And his Elfman knowledge was due largely to his brothers input.

So thank-you, guy who played Napoleon Dynamite.

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Obviously meant as tongue in cheek! ;)

Ryan

Thor
    Participant

rkeaveney Wrote:

> Obviously meant as tongue in cheek!
    >
    > Ryan

Yeah, I figured as much. I just hadn’t noticed it before.

TJ

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.