Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Intrada’s 2021 Elfman release

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    ddddeeee
    Participant

Roger from Intrada mentioned that they hope to release an Elfman score this year.

https://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?forumID=1&threadID=140317&archive=0

Any ideas or hopes? Nightbreed is top of my expanded score wishlist now that Dolores Claiborne has been released – A Simple Plan, too, but that seems much more unlikely.

A proper release of A Family Man would be great.

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Sorry that thread is like 13 pages. Did I miss the post from Roger about there being an Elfman title?

I imagine someone is going to do MIDNIGHT RUN at some point. Intrada has done EDWARD and DICK TRACY. FLUBBER perhaps? 🙂

ddddeeee
    Participant

Coming in a few weeks!

http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8748

Is it too much to hope for Woman in the Window?

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

It won’t be WOMAN IN THE WINDOW, but it’s one of Elfman’s biggest and best scores… 🙂

Monsterhead
    Participant

Sommersby?

lonzoe
    Participant

Interesting. Nightbreed? Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas? Sleepy Hollow? Hulk? Big Fish?

ddddeeee
    Participant

My first thought was Spider-Man

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

I’ve heard it could be one of those!

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster
    DannyBiker
    Participant

Wow nice and unexpected. And 4 CDs !
    I know there were recording sessions going around but it’s always nice to have an editorial work for that amount of music. Ready to order !

ddddeeee
    Participant

Could we actually get the actual film version of the main titles? Do I dare to dream?

ddddeeee
    Participant
    Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Needless to say, I’ve ordered this 🙂

Here are some of the (direct links to) samples from Intrada:

“Main Titles (Original)” – http://www.intrada.com/sound/SlEEpy_06.mp3
    “The Church Battle (Alternate) – http://www.intrada.com/sound/SlEEpy_23.mp3
    “The Chase/The Final Confrontation (Version #1); A New Day! (Original)” – http://www.intrada.com/sound/SlEEpy_09.mp3

ddddeeee
    Participant

I’m assuming that all the ‘original’ cues are for an earlier cut of the movie

Monsterhead
    Participant

I got mine in the mail already! Looking forward to revisiting this one!

ddddeeee
    Participant

I’m broke, so I’m having to wait until next payday to order, but I’m pleased to hear that Elfman was involved with this release (he produced it and contributed to the liner notes)

Would’ve loved for him to have contributed to the Mission: Impossible, Dolores Claiborne and Darkman releases (what a set of scores all within a few months), but he’s a busy man

DannyBiker
    Participant

FYI, the first batch has issues and Intrada will have to repress CD 1. So you can’t buy it from them at the moment, they’ll put it back on sale when they have it fixed. If you were holding off to buy it, hold a little longer to get the new version… 🙂

lonzoe
    Participant

Yep! That’s why I try to wait a few months before I purchase these expanded remastered albums from these specialty labels in case of technical issues or errors.

Monsterhead
    Participant

What was the issue with CD 1?

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

The original Hollywood Records album was mastered with gapless playback, but the Intrada disc 1, which is a dupe of the HR master, has .2 sec blank gapes between tracks. It’s something you might only hear through headphones, but Intrada has offered to redo disc 1 and mail out copies to those who purchased through them.

Monsterhead
    Participant

Thanks Ryan. Now that you point out the issue, I do notice the gap.

9fingeredElf
    Participant

Anyone get their replacement disc yet?

Monsterhead
    Participant

Nope

9fingeredElf
    Participant

The day I wrote that mine arrived.

ddddeeee
    Participant

What a treasure trove this release is!

I’ve definitely overplayed this score (this was probably my favourite score for a good few years), and now I feel like I’m rediscovering it.

On top of the avalanche of extra material (much of which is legitimately great – I normally listen to that stuff once or twice and then forget about it), the sound quality is so much better than the previous release, which could sometimes be a bit overbearing. Like with Planet of the Apes, the quieter cues really improve the listening experience.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.