Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Intrada’s 2023 Elfman release

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    ddddeeee
    Participant

Intrada will be releasing an Elfman score this year. Any ideas or hopes?

In terms of expansions, my hopes would be for To Die For or A Simple Plan, but I can’t see either of those happening as the expansions tend to be for more high-profile scores. Maybe Hulk?

Monsterhead
    Participant

NIGHTBREED

DannyBiker
    Participant

Nightbreed would be nice, I think it’s the only major score of his I don’t have a physical copy of… 🙂

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Hoping NIGHTBREED as well… Whenever I’m asked about what title I’d like to see, it’s this one. Here’s hoping the next time someone asks they can tell ME it’s actually going to be NIGHTBREED,

Natrebo
    Participant

We still need a CD release of the last Doctor Strange film and since Intrada has released some Marvel score in the past I was thinking it could be that? Do we know what the score is yet?

Thor
    Participant

No interest in expansions or reissues, but hoping for a completely unreleased score. Some people have suggested it might be another release of SUMMER SCHOOL, which would be irritating now that I’ve orded the one from Rusted Wave.

Monsterhead
    Participant

It’s NIGHTBREED

ddddeeee
    Participant

Are you willing it into existence or do you know it to be true?

This is Intrada’s next release.

Monsterhead
    Participant

…guys…it’s NIGHTBREED…trust me.

ddddeeee
    Participant
    Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

World’s worst secret. Bring it on! 😂

Monsterhead
    Participant

Can’t wait!

ddddeeee
    Participant

I rewatched the theatrical cut last night for the first time in around 13 years and I was surprised by how much was missing. The music for Decker’s killing scenes is missing, along with the cue for Boone getting run over, the build-up to ‘Meat for the Beast’, the cue for when the police torture one of the breed, a very strange cue for when the priest meets Baphomet and lots of bombastic action from the last half hour (including a cue by Shirley Walker and, significantly, the fight between Boone and Decker).

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Chiming in again to say I’m excited by this one. It’s been THE title I’ve asked for—and one of those “expanded” titles that haven’t existed in the collector realm (if anyone here has had this all these years, shame on you for not sharing!)

The MCA album is sequenced so perfectly I’ll probably continue to revisit it often, but I think we need that additional music because we’re crazy.

ddddeeee
    Participant

Monsterhead
    Participant

If all goes according to plan, this is coming next month so I hear.

ddddeeee
    Participant

Next week!

Monsterhead
    Participant

Praise Baphomet!

ddddeeee
    Participant
    Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

I can’t wait—my copy has already shipped!

DannyBiker
    Participant

I’d have to check, but I think that release will complete my Danny Elfman CDs collection. Never got the big Burton box (didn’t have the money back then) but I don’t really miss it and I never bought the original Nightbreed CD. It’s not a score (nor a film) I know much about, so I’m curious.

ddddeeee
    Participant

I’m missing CDs for Wisdom and Midnight Run.

Monsterhead
    Participant

My copy of NIGHTBREED arrived today — very fast! Really loving this extended release.

ddddeeee
    Participant

This is just great stuff. It really holds up as a complete listening experience. Something interesting is always going on. I’m especially loving all the percussion dancing around my earphones and all of these bizarre noises that Elfman creates – it’s sometimes hard to tell what’s some odd percussion and what’s choir. Just fascinating stuff that’s simultaneously Elfman to its core yet something entirely unique in his discography.

An absolute must have.

ddddeeee
    Participant

‘Ohnaka Go Boom!’ is such a devastating cue.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.