Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Is there a possibility that …..

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    lonzoe
    Participant

Beetlejuice get an Expanded 20th anniversary CD this year. The old CD is GOOD. But it waaaaaaaay too short the movie is about two minutes over an hour and a half. Theres probably about an hour or and hr and ten minutes of music. Some needs to talk to Elfman and his agent and Warner Bros. records of getting a new CD released.

DannyBiker
    Participant

There’s an expanded cd out there that was made from the dvd isolated track…

I’m happy with the old CD. What we need is a new Batman CD. The old one is also great, but there’s certain cues I wanna own, damn it. I want the cue when Batman crashes the art museum/restaurant and rescues Vicki. I also want the cue that follows the first appearence of the batmobile.

Monsterhead
    Participant

Where’s my post about the new DVD coming out? Sheesh. I don’t work for Warner…

elfmanguy
    Participant

Is there a new DVD coming out? That’s what Beetlejuice needs is a new DVD release. I’ve holding off buying the current one forever because I’ve been holding out for a better release.

Monsterhead
    Participant

Yeah, a 20th Anniversay DVD is on it’s way out this year. Probably for Halloween. But methinks Ryan deleted the post I made It will be a new HD transfer and also in Standard Def.

elfmanguy
    Participant

Thanx for the info. I may cry!

Norby
    Participant

I hope there is a big 20 year batman celebration next year, including a cinema re-release. please, though, let there be no soundtrack re-release with fucking U2 or something doing instrumental covers. I know there won’t be, but the nightmare re-release was so shit and dissappointing. Marlyn Manson is arrogant and brought nothing to danny’s music. The others were pretty shit too.

Monsterhead
    Participant

But how do you REALLY feel?

TenderLumpling
    Participant

I know there won’t be, but the nightmare re-release was so shit and dissappointing. Marlyn Manson is arrogant and brought nothing to danny’s music.

You know, it was Danny Elfman, himself, that went to Manson to work on that album.

Norby
    Participant

Unfortunately, that doesn’t make it any good.

Norby
    Participant

but anyway apologies, I shouldn’t have brought it up and sorry to offend anyone who is a fan of manson… Just wish the extended CD had’ve given us more music from the film score and hadn’t, as it turned out, simply played to the emo audience which have taken nightmare under their stylistic wing as it were. Maybe it was an interesting idea and maybe they were right to give the new audience something. I just didn’t like the artists… a new performance of the score by a different orchestra/vocalists, for example, would have been extremely interesting and more exciting than rock versions I feel. Anyone agree?

A rant… apologies, :)

C

http://www.myspace.com/christophernorby

Monsterhead
    Participant

Yeah, I can see where you’re coming from. I never even bought the silly thing…

TenderLumpling
    Participant

Unfortunately, that doesn’t make it any good.

Would you say that Elfman made a bad choice?

…as it turned out, simply played to the emo audience which have taken nightmare under their stylistic wing as it were.

I think it’s ironic that the main theme of Nightmare is to try something different; to walk in someone’s shoes; to act and look and feel different, and when doing so, all those things will give you inspiration and excitement in your life. This doesn’t seem like the emo creed at all.

Thor
    Participant

Two things:

1. The existing BATMAN and BEETLEJUICE albums are fine the way they are. No expansion needed, IMO.

2. The NMBC reissue was great. Yes, I already had the original album, but I actually thought some of the cover versions were pretty good. Not all, but some. And the demo tracks were an interesting bonus for fans (even though these, too, had been available in bootleg format for a while).

Norby
    Participant

TenderLumpling Wrote:

> Unfortunately, that doesn’t make it any good.
    >
    > Would you say that Elfman made a bad choice?

Yes… I would.

> I think it’s ironic that the main theme of
    > Nightmare is to try something different; to walk
    > in someone’s shoes; to act and look and feel
    > different, and when doing so, all those things
    > will give you inspiration and excitement in your
    > life. This doesn’t seem like the emo creed at all.

Emos have jack/nightmare related material plastered all over their clothes. It’s become iconic for them… fact. all i’m saying is that I think the re-release played to this audience. As I said, maybe it was a good thing to give them something, but I just don’t think it was the most interesting or enjoyable thing to do. But financially it may have been more viable.

lonzoe
    Participant

Thor Wrote:

> Two things:
    >
    > 1. The existing BATMAN and BEETLEJUICE albums are
    > fine the way they are. No expansion needed, IMO.
    >
    > 2. The NMBC reissue was great. Yes, I already had
    > the original album, but I actually thought some of
    > the cover versions were pretty good. Not all, but
    > some. And the demo tracks were an interesting
    > bonus for fans (even though these, too, had been
    > available in bootleg format for a while).
    >
    >

I agree about Batman. Beetlejuice not so much. 37 minutes with 7 minutes being Belafonte songs. 30 minutes being Elfman’s edited music. So an expanded CD is DEFINITELY needed IMO. Sorry.

Thor
    Participant

No need to be sorry. That’s your opinion, and I have mine. But I am still perfectly content with the BEETLEJUICE CD. Then again, I don’t like complete (and chronological) presentations of scores in general.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.