Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Milk Soundtrack release date?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    9fingeredElf
    Participant

Is there any plans to have the Danny Elfman score released for Milk? If so by who?

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

I don’t think you can expect a CD until 2009, but I could be wrong…

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Thanks to John for the heads up — here’s the info:

Release Date: November 18, 2008)
    Label: Decca Records
    Amazon.com product page

MILK has an original score by Grammy and Emmy Award® winner Danny Elfman (“Batman,” “Desperate Housewives). CD includes Danny Elfman’s score and the following songs: “Everyday People” (Sly & the Family Stone), “Queen Bitch” (David Bowie), J.S. Bach – Prelude No. 7 in E Flat (The Swingle Singers), “You Make Me Feel [Mighty Real]” (Sylvester), “Rock the Boat” (The Hues Corporation) and “Ah, quegli occhi! Quale occhio al mondo” – Tosca (Maria Callas/Giuseppe Di Stefano). Academy Award nominee Gus Van Sant (“Good Will Hunting,” “My Own Private Idaho”) directs Academy Award winner Sean Penn as renowned activist Harvey Milk. Milk, the first openly gay man to be elected to public office in America, was assassinated in 1977, and is today recognized as an icon and a leading figure in the gay rights movement. In addition to Sean Penn, the cast includes Josh Brolin (“No Country For Old Men”) as city supervisor Dan White, the man who first befriended Milk and then notoriously shot both he and the San Francisco mayor George Moscone (Victor Garber). MILK is tour de force performance by Sean Penn as the lead character, and he will certainly receive an Oscar nomination for this role. In real life Harvey Milk was witty, charming, insistent and completely memorable. Penn captures Milk in all his brilliance.

RCox
    Participant

The tracklist on Amazon confirms the triumphant return of Weepy Donuts.

gordonblu
    Participant

So, Here’s the Question I have: Will it be Standard Operating Porcedure or Milk to snag another Oscar Nomination for Danny?

Both are political, which The Oscars like, S.O.P. is very atypical of Danny which they might gravitate towards, but the last really respected film by Van Sant(Good Will Hunting) resulted in a nomination for Danny 11 years ago along with Men in Black (is MiB THAT old?).

So what do you think?

Natrebo
    Participant

Very few Documentaries get nominated for their score, and this movie opened way to early to get anything BUT a documentary nomination, but MILK on the other hand could snag him a nomination, IF the movie IS any good (I say this is very likely to happen IMO).

Lucius
    Participant

I also think that S.O.P. may be outta the picture due to it having a couple cues from Serenada. The Academy gets very picky if it’s not 100% original. Just look at There Will Be Blood not being eligible.

Lucius

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.