Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 80 total)
  • Author
    ddddeeee
    Participant

Burton is in early talks to direct.

http://www.deadline.com/2011/11/tim-burton-circles-miss-peregrines-home-for-peculiar-children/#utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

This sounds way more appealing to me than The Addams Family or that Monsterpocalypse thing.

DannyBiker
    Participant

Seems realy interesting. Actually, I’ll be sorry if Burton’s doesn’t direct it…

ddddeeee
    Participant

You’ll be happy then, because Deadline is reporting that Burton is definitely directing.

DannyBiker
    Participant

A link for that ?

ddddeeee
    Participant
    Ryan P
    Participant

I’m reading the book right now. It starts out a lot more normal than I would have imagined, but about a quarter of the way through the weirdness is beginning. It will be interesting to see how Burton adapts this, and I can already hear the excellent Elfman score in my head as I read!

ddddeeee
    Participant

Burton looking to reteam with Eva Green for the movie.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=121141

It mentions filming is to start Feb of next year so it’s going to be delayed till 2016 most likely.

DannyBiker
    Participant

Yeah, July 2015 sounds a bit optimistic…but really happy with this. Two original projects in a row without the regular cast where what Burton needed.

Lambegue
    Participant

Yes, and then there will probably be “Beetlejuice 2”. I am both impatient and worried with this one…But Burton never fully disappointed me, and as far as Elfman is concerned it’s going to be really interesting to hear him re-visit such an early musical landscape, seing how much his style has evolved in all those years.

DannyBiker
    Participant

I’m confident enough in Burton that he won’t get involved in Beetlejuice 2 if the script isn’t good.

ddddeeee
    Participant

I dunno. Just recently Alice and Dark Shadows were probably two of the three weakest scripts Burton has directed. Seth Graham-Smith has developed a very unflattering reputation really quickly. Fingers crossed he’s learnt from his mistakes.

Fox could squeeze it in November 2015 if they REALLY wanted to, but the most logical release date would be April 2016. And if Burton plans on doing “Beetlejuice 2”, he has 2018 which is the 30th anniversary of the first movie.

ddddeeee
    Participant

It’s now March 4th 2016. Hope he can do this and Alice 2 (If he’s on the latter)

DannyBiker
    Participant

I think he’ll never get near Alice 2…

“Alice 2” is being directed by James Bobin (The Muppets) and has a May 2016 release date. Danny Elfman can do both. As for Peregrine, I still think that April made more sense. This March release date is risky because it’s only a week before the World Of Warcraft movie, which is being directed by Duncan Jones (Moon, Source Code).

DannyBiker
    Participant

I meant Burton would never get near Alice 2.

ddddeeee
    Participant

Disney confirmed Elfman’s involvement in Alice 2 in a press release.

No one should be surprised. Danny Elfman is a big fan of “Flight of the Conchords” which James Bobin was involved in.

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Sweet. Maybe we’ll get to hear “Alice’s Theme” in the movie this time…

ddddeeee
    Participant

In very unsuprising news, the author of the book says that Danny is scoring at the end of this interview.

Ryan P
    Participant

I am looking forward to trailers, photos, music cues for this film. Burton really needs a good film under his belt again. He will always be my favorite director, but Dark Shadows, Frankenweenie and Big Eyes were really off.
    Peregrine has all of the ingredients for a truly epic Burton film and Elfman score.

ddddeeee
    Participant

I love Frankenweenie and like Big Eyes. But a quality genre movie is definitely what Burton needs. I think most people roll their eyes these days when Burton is attached to a fantasy movie. And hey, Jane Goldman hasn’t been attached to a bad movie yet.

I don’t think the score is going to be that big though? It’s fantastical but, at least in the book, there’s not much action and even that kind of amounts to a few chases. The sequel is far larger in scope.

DannyBiker
    Participant

Oh boy, they are shooting some scenes in Belgium. With Elfman coming in Brussels in November, I got one demand : bring the Burton Exhibition already !

Ryan P
    Participant

I liked the original Frankenweenie. The remake didn’t really add much to the story and felt a little dragged out.

ddddeeee
    Participant

Has been added to the his management site (along with Before I Wake and Alice 2, no Tulip Fever) if there were any doubt.

http://www.kraft-engel.com/PDFs/ELFMAN,%20Danny.pdf

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 80 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.