Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion “Mr. Bighead” ?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    DannyBiker
    Participant

I was listening to Boingo all afternoon when this song appeared in the playlist. I never paid much attention to it but it’s actually an excellent one, with a really catchy melody. However, I’m not sure this is actually Oingo Boingo, even if it’s mentioned in the informations of the mp3 file; you know how, as an instance, John Williams is credited for almost every single film music in those file informations.
    The lead singer is not Danny but one on the backing vocals sounds a lot like his lower voice. The style is close to what Boingo have done : bouncy rhythm, silly melody and impetuous saxs.

If I was to be objective, I’d say it’s no Boingo, but then they had such a versatile career, who knows.
    Does this song ring a bell to anyone ?

polarbrrr13
    Participant

could you hum a few bars?

DannyBiker
    Participant

The chorus actually goes :

“La La La La La La La La La La La La”.

DannyBiker
    Participant

And to be even more explicit :

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BKLJARJ8

Thor
    Participant

Nope, that’s not Boingo, I’m afraid. But catchy tune, though! :) I agree it’s got some of those ska rhythms and brass riffs that remind one a bit of the Elfman band. Wouldn’t be surprised if Boingo was a major inspiration!

Mr. Dantz
    Participant

Sounds like Boingo was an inspiration, but the band definitely isn’t as tight … actually kind of sloppy in comparison. Hahahahaha, wow the lead singer’s REALLY trying to sound like Elfman, isn’t he? Hahahaha!! Not bad, I guess.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.