Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion New project “Silver Linings Playbook” 2012

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    Lucius
    Participant

I was JUST about to post about this. Totally came out of left field. Good thing I caught the music credit at the end.

Lucius

lonzoe
    Participant

Indeed it did come out of left field. I’m glad to see Elfman branch out in other genres, but that director (David O’ Russell) is an A hole in real life. He was caught on camera cursing and yelling at Lily Tomlin over a disagreement while filming I Heart Huckabees I believe.

http://youtu.be/E4Qls1rAfYs

There were also rumors that Clooney and O’Russell got into it on while filming Three Kings b/c O’Russell put his hand on an extra and Clooney confronted him about it. Both were yelling at each other and almost got into a fight according to co-star.Ice Cube.

http://youtu.be/b4dFEreIVkQ

All I gotta say is Elfman better be careful with him. I don’t trust O’Russell and have a feeling the Weinsteins brought Elfman on board. This looks like an oscar bait movie and they probably want an oscar bait score from Elfman. And I know Elfman doesn’t write scores to win oscars. I also have a feeling the movie is going to have mostly songs with some cues from Elfman in between like Good Willl Hunting.

DannyBiker
    Participant

I would guess Bruce Cohen may have brought Elfman’s name up too…
    We’ll see but it’s nice to see Elfman staying in touch with more ‘independent’ projects as well.

ddddeeee
    Participant

Probably one of the ‘bits and bobs’ Elfman was talking about, I guess he’ll write a handful of cues.

ddddeeee
    Participant

Early word is that the film is fantastic. I wonder if Elfman’s contribution is big enough to warrant oscar attention?

EDIT: From Variety.

“Danny Elfman’s music and the soundtrack supervised by Sue Jacobs (Stevie Wonder’s “My Cherie Amour” has a key plot function) compulsively thread in and out of the action, always serving to reflect Pat’s heightened mental/emotional states.”

9fingeredElf
    Participant

Here’s the listing for soundtrack on Amazon, just 2 Danny cues. Wonder if there is any hope for a score album.

1. Silver Lining Titles – Danny Elfman
    2. My Cherie Amour – Stevie Wonder
    3. Always Alright – Alabama Shakes
    4. Unsquare Dance- The Dave Brubeck Quartet
    5. Buffalo – alt-J
    6. The Moon Of Manakoora – Les Paul & Mary Ford
    7. Monster Mash – CrabCorps
    8. Goodnight Moon – Ambrosia Parsley The Elegant Too
    9. Now I’m A Fool – Eagles Of Death Metal
    10. Walking Home – Danny Elfman
    11. Girl From The North Country- Bob Dylan & Johnny Cash
    12. Silver Lining – Jessie J
    13. Hey Big Brothe r- Rare Earth
    14. Maria – The Dave Brubeck Quartet

lonzoe
    Participant

I know one thing there isn’t any hope of me buying this for two Elfman tracks. Though I am interested in what Elfman came up with for this.

Natrebo
    Participant

Why would you when you can just download the 2 tracks you want now? This is the best thing about music downloads today. If an albumn does get released of the score I will buy a hard copy but for now I’ll be happy just to have those two music tracks and not have to pay for the rest of the albumn (although the Dave Brubeck pieces are nice – I still have them).

Monsterhead
    Participant

Amazon has samples up now. I like what I hear:

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Wow, that’s out of left field! You can hear Danny’s vocals in the opening titles.

kjmichna
    Participant

Elfman only album on Amazon released on Nov. 16th.

Amazon.com

Anonymous
    Inactive

Wow! Elfman’s song! Super!

bookbinder3
    Participant

Nice. Wasn’t really holding out for that. Is it mp3 only? I do hate not having a physical album. Oh well, that seems to be how things are going.

lonzoe
    Participant

bookbinder3 Wrote:

> Nice. Wasn’t really holding out for that. Is it
    > mp3 only? I do hate not having a physical album.
    > Oh well, that seems to be how things are going.

Looks like it’s an mp3 only. The score album is barely over 20 minutes long. Probably why the label decided to release it as an mp3 only. Why didn’t they just put this on the song album ? Excluding the two Elfman tracks the song album is a little over 41 minutes long. Add the score album It would’ve been a little over 61 minutes long. Plenty of disc space. Both mainsteam and score fans (mainly us Elfman fans) would be happy.

bookbinder3
    Participant

I assume it’s because they’re selifsh, mean, nasty people. Nasty nasty nasty nasty.

ddddeeee
    Participant

Shame about the album situation but at least we’re getting something. Sounds great too, something different.

elfboy91
    Participant

Just saw the film!

Small score, very minimalist in approach and instrumentation… Just guitars, bass and drums with a little bit of Elfman vocals here and there. Definitely effective! Worked very well!

The movie was fantastic! Easily one of my favorites of the year! Might get Jennifer Lawrence and Oscar nomination, maybe a win???

Who knows.

GO SEE IT!

Monsterhead
    Participant

Anyone else get the Score Album yet? It’s my third time through now and it’s quite a lovely soundtrack from Elfman – something new and different. I cannot wait to see the movie.

Goof Track is a nice treat…

lonzoe
    Participant

Monsterhead Wrote:

> Anyone else get the Score Album yet? It’s my third
    > time through now and it’s quite a lovely
    > soundtrack from Elfman – something new and
    > different. I cannot wait to see the movie.
    >
    > Goof Track is a nice treat…

Which ticks me off even more that this is an mp3 only.

DannyBiker
    Participant

I don’t get all the hate behind the mp3 format beside its quality (that I agree with). Ok, in this case, the score could have been added to the songs CD but in other cases, it will allow us to get scores officially that would have never been released on CD. And digital music is just the way its gonna be…

DannyBiker
    Participant

In case anyone wonders what was the title of that black & white film where De Niro plays a boxer, Goof Track is an excellent reminder.

moongirl84
    Participant

I’f I’m right, “Raging Bull”.

DannyBiker
    Participant

“Rooooobert De Niiiiiiiroooooooo, heeee waaaaaas Raaaaaaaaaging Bull”

elfboy91
    Participant

It’s on Spotify now.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.