Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Terminator Salvation

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 126 through 136 (of 136 total)
  • Author

Cinemax is going to premiere the movie tonight at 10pm. So, if you haven’t, this is your chance to watch a movie with an Elfman score you can barely hear. If you get frustrated there’s always this:

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

I’ll never understand why this score was so reviled at the time. I think it’s brilliant from start to finish.

Who hated this score? Or should I say…who heard enough of it to hate it?

Thor
    Participant

I’ve never seen any hate either, I must admit. There were a few voices that felt it didn’t sound enough like Brad Fiedel, but that’s about it, as far as I can recall.

Now, THE KINGDOM….that is THE most underrated score on his resume, IMO, and seems reviled by both film music fans in general and Elfman fans in particular.

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Do I need to link you guys to that site that Googles for you?

Thor
    Participant

You do if you want to show us all these socalled “hate reviews”.

Thor
    Participant

I think this sticky – as well as a few others – can be ‘unstickied’ now. They’re pretty old news! :)

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

They’re mostly here for the benefit of people coming to the site and finding it a little un-updated! Which I plan to fix in the next two months!

Hans Zimmer is producing the score for Terminator Genisys. Lorne Balfe is composing. So once again… Hans Zimmer is involved in a franchise that Danny Elfman also worked on.

Lambegue
    Participant

Sor far I’m not impressed by Balfe’s solo scores…We’ll see if this is a breakthrough.

lonzoe
    Participant

I think the score will be the least of Terminator Genisys problems.

Viewing 11 posts - 126 through 136 (of 136 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.