Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion The Old Interviews Are Back!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Remember those old Elfman interviews at YouTube that got deleted? Well, they are back. Check them out at this account: http://www.youtube.com/user/OingoBoingoFan

And here’s one of them:

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Damn Youtube, deleted MY account. I hate ’em! ;)

Thor
    Participant

He, he…loves the way he talks about an upcoming little thing called THE SIMPSONS, way before it became the cornerstone of popular culture that it is today. :)

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

That guy promised an Oscar nomination!

Lucius
    Participant

And for the record ‘Hot to Trot’ starred Bobcat Goldthwait, a bucktoothed Dabney Coleman,and John Candy. How dare he forget that movie! (that movie deserved an Oscar nomination too—not to mention a full score release.)

Lucius

Nick Parker
    Participant

Hm, 2:49 or so to the end of the Batman Theme sounds like an earlier incarnation of the piece, minuscule the changes may be. And that moron in the moronic sweater at 1:06 should be slapped. Yeah, I know John Williams had not written Schindler’s List yet, but he had written plenty of non-bombastic scores even by the time of this video!

All joking aside, Lucius. I do like the Hot to Trot score.

johnmullin
    Participant

Hot to Trot is an amazing score! I saw the movie more times than I care to admit when I was a kid, and always thought the music was fantastic. It much more related to PEE WEE’S BIG ADVENTURE than any other score he’s done in that era.

Warner Bros. doesn’t even think enough of the movie to release it on DVD, however, so a soundtrack company hoping to release it may have some trouble.

Thor
    Participant

Not to mention that BATMAN is also one of the most “bombastic” scores of all time! :)

Lucius
    Participant

Oh please know, I was ONLY joking about the movie (even though I did watch it all the frickin’ time, but I’m crazy like that) I LOVE LOVE LOVE the score, and wish it was released, 2 tracks on MFADT Vol. 1 is NOT enough.

Lucius

That’s right, John. Hot to Trot is like a rock-version of Pee-Wee. Well…atleast in certain parts. Also, I kinda miss that side of Elfman, the goofy side. We got a little of that in Nacho Libre but not enough.

MORE INTERVIEWS, YA’LL

1988 interview where he discusses being an underdog and briefly shows his work on the “upcoming” Scrooged:

1989 interview where he discusses Prince getting credit for his score of Batman:

1990 interview where he talks about Oingo Boingo and what people classify it as:

Another 1990 interview where he discusses Darkman, winning a Grammy for Batman, and his Emmy nomination for The Simpsons:

1995 interview where he talks about the exclusion of the `60s Batman theme:

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.