Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion The Spider-Man music has aged like fine wine!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I’ll admit. I wasn’t a huge fan of Danny’s Spider-Man music when it was released in 2002. His Batman music is such a masterpiece that it’s difficult for him to live up to it in other superhero movies. But it’s incredible how well the Spider-Man music has aged. I actually think it gets better every time I listen to it. What do you guys think? I know Danny Biker is the biggest defender of the Spider-Man music. That’s his claim to fame after all. LOL.

ddddeeee
    Participant

Spider-Man was to me growing up what Batman was to most of you guys. The main titles to Spider-Man 2 are what made me fall in love with film music. Before I started buying CDs I recorded it onto my phone in crappy quality and listened to it on the way to school.

The first two movies are still terrific too, and the third is nowhere near as bad as it’s made out to be.

Raimi needs to direct another movie soon!

DannyBiker
    Participant

Descent Into Mystery Wrote:

> I know Danny Biker is the biggest
    > defender of the Spider-Man music. That’s his claim
    > to fame after all. LOL.

Ah, that summer of 2005 where I added the rejected tracks of SM2 on the film’s footage. 10 years ago, oh boy…

Yeah I always was a huge fan of the scores. From 2002 to 2008, I listened to them a lot, especially after the complete scores popped up on the internet. I actually listened to them recently and wondered before to do so if, perhaps, I over-praised them in the past. Maybe they didn’t aged that well or weren’t that good. Well, I was pleasantly surprised : they are still very strong efforts and the SM1 Main Titles is still up there, with its greatest title sequences ever.

With the recent scores of Horner and Zimmer for the newer films, I was also astonished to read about how much people love Elfman’s scores. They always complain that the new SM films lack an “iconic theme like Elfman’s”. It’s quite crazy because at the time, a lot of people on boards complained about the lack of themes in Elfman’s scores. I remember spending a lot of time trying to explain to people how much themes they were actually in there (quite a lot, even for Elfman’s standard). So much time to waste back then ! :)

I’ve had the same experience, Danny Biker. At the time, people always complained about the Spider-Man score because it didn’t have that simple and melodic theme like John Williams did in Superman, and I wasted a lot of time arguing with those people. But now, everyone praises the score. I think it’s because people finally have something to compare it to. Back then their only comparison was other superhero movies that required a different type of music. You can’t score Spider-Man the same way you’d score, say, X-Men. Now people have other Spider-Man movies with other composers and they realize the greatness of Elfman’s work.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.