Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion The Wolf Man (2009)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 150 total)
  • Author
    Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Sticky thread for THE WOLF MAN!

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

“This was one of my most intensely busy years, and probably the most creative that I’ve had in a long time, because of the juxtaposition of everything,” says Elfman, who is soon to start the score for Joe Johnston’s remake of “The Wolf Man.” “The greater the contrast, the happier I am.”

“The Wolf Man” provides a contrast to his earlier experience working for Tim Burton on the remake of “Planet of the Apes.”

“The lucky thing for me is that the original ‘Wolf Man’ did not have an extremely famous musical score. (So) at least I’m not going to have a mountain of people madly in love with the original,” the Grammy winner and three-time Oscar nominee says, laughing. “There’s a little bit of relief.”

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117994659.html?categoryId=3290&cs=1

He’s right. I don’t think most people even remember the score to that movie. So, yea, complete freedom.

shinjiikari1983
    Participant

I can hear a similar toned version of Sleepy Hollow

Monsterhead
    Participant

I cannot wait for this score. As for the movie itself…we’ll wait and see.

chii
    Participant

Shinji-

If it does work out like that, I will be a very happy girl

Monsterhead
    Participant

http://www.fangoriaonline.com/home/news/9-film-news/606-wolfman-to-howl-later.html

Let’s hope its a marketing plan and not a half-hearted attempt to salvage a turkey with re-shoots, etc. I hope that Elfman still scores this one…

It could either be a situation like CHARLOTTE’S WEB or THE INVASION. Only time will tell I guess.

shinjiikari1983
    Participant

I agree Ryan, let’s hope we’re not losing Danny. It sounded like it was for sure on that british raido show.

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

It may very well be there moving it out of the getting-crowded summer marketplace. A movie like WOLF MAN to me always seemed like a Fall picture anyways.

Or it could be an unmitigated disaster.

:)

Nick Parker
    Participant

http://www.thewolfmanmovie.com/

Would this be a sampling of Danny Elfman’s score, I am wondering? If so, I like it.

Isn’t it too soon for Elfman to have started work on the movie? He’s currently working on Terminator and this movie doesn’t open till November.

Nick Parker
    Participant

I suspected that as well, but the film was originally going to be released in February, was it not? This is just partially baseless speculation, of course, but could Danny Elfman have written some music for an early cut of the film? You are probably right, but who knows?

It’s possible that Elfman started working on some stuff in November when the release date was changed but I doubt anything was actually recorded.

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

The original release date was May 2009, if I recall correctly.

I don’t think WOLF MAN has been recorded yet. TERMINATOR 4 goes to London to record very soon.

London? Awesome!

Nick Parker
    Participant

Excellent, a recording in London means no re-use fees, which means a longer album!

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Definitely not from the score.

Nick Parker
    Participant

How dare you dash my hopes and dreams?

Lucius
    Participant

So, it looks like ol’ Wolfie can’t catch a break. Looks like The Wolf Man has been moved again to FEB 2010. This movie must really suck. Well, at least we know the score will be good.

http://chud.com/articles/articles/20285/1/SILVER-BULLETS-RELEASE-DATES-CAN-KILL-THE-WOLF-MAN/Page1.html

Lucius

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

HUGE problems on this one. HUGE. That’s what I heard.

RCox
    Participant

Only a group this talented can make something this troubled.

Anonymous
    Inactive

trailer release – 21.08.2009

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

The score is already well into the writing phase. Danny Elfman . Sleepy easy, folks.

Mr. Dantz
    Participant

Did anyone else LOL at the new wolf man character design? Looks like something you’d see on a made-for-TV movie! Nevertheless, looking forward to this score.

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Those design photos have been online for over a year, Mr. Dantz. Thanks for joining us! Enjoy TRANSFORMERS 2 ;)

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 150 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.