Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion The Woman in the Window

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    ddddeeee
    Participant

New project. He mentioned he’s currently working on it in this interview.

https://www.joe.ie/movies-tv/danny-elfman-simpsons-finished-687660

ddddeeee
    Participant

ddddeeee
    Participant

Recorded last weekend in New York. Presumably the same set-up as The Girl on the Train.

ddddeeee
    Participant
    ddddeeee
    Participant

New release date – May 14th on Netflix.

ddddeeee
    Participant
    ddddeeee
    Participant

This is Elfman at his most Hermann mixed with Girl on the Train.

I wasn’t convinced at first, but I’m really starting to dig it. Kind of jarring to hear such old fashioned scoring mixed with modern sounds.

The mix in the film is terrific.

ddddeeee
    Participant

Additional music by David Buckley.

DannyBiker
    Participant

Yet another stinker for Danny in terms of reviews. He’s been on a roll since a few years now… 😀

Monsterhead
    Participant

The movies that Elfman worked on at the beginning of his career have always been criticized. I watch the movie and thought it was fine. There’s no room for middle-of-the-road movies anymore, it seems. It’s either the greatest or the worst. And then it’s forgotten about.

Hoping for a soundtrack release. I quite liked what I heard.

ddddeeee
    Participant

I thought it was an absolute mess, but I had a decent enough time with it. I like bad thrillers. Loved Delbonnel’s cinematography.

Do Netflix normally wait before releasing a score? Could this be a sign that some other label has snagged it?

I really liked some of the weird vocal stuff. In fact, I was pleasantly surprised by how weird a lot of the score is. Some really odd sounds mixed with a more traditional Herrmann-esque score. I thought it was quite distinct. Picked up on a main theme and a ‘watching people’ motif.

The music is really incessant in the movie. I imagine Elfman was tasked to add tension where there really wasn’t any.

ddddeeee
    Participant

Some clips from interviews from Wright and Elfman.

Was #TheWomaninTheWindow score raising your blood pressure while you watched? The film’s iconic composer Danny Elfman and director Joe Wright break down how the score was crafted and how it complemented the film. https://t.co/5XOfonXvgG

Monsterhead
    Participant

Nice! Now bring on the soundtrack release already.

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

No word on a score release yet? Hmmmm.

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

No word on a score release yet? Hmmmm.

ddddeeee
    Participant

This is so weird

ddddeeee
    Participant

I’d really like to be able to listen to this score without having to watch the movie….

Thor
    Participant

It’s not terribly interesting, dddeeee. It’s like a second-grade THE GIRL ON A TRAIN, IMO. But I do prefer it over most big blockbuster things he’s done in the last 15 years.

ddddeeee
    Participant

I like the score in the movie a lot – especially the lovely cue at the end.

It’s not as good as Girl on the Train, no, but that’s top tier Elfman for me.

Thor
    Participant

I’ve been listening to a promo of this score for some time, and it doesn’t quite gel for me. Perhaps it will grow on me after repeated listenings, though. GIRL ON A TRAIN did.

ddddeeee
    Participant
Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.