Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion A little question about Corpse Bride piano songs

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Hasimir
    Participant

Hi ta all :)

I’ll say that I’m completely a profane here…I just heard some music I “really” liked and wanted to know more ^_^

So…I would like to know if the two piano songs in the movie (Victor’s Solo and the duet) are 100% Danny Elfman’s original creations…or they are a rearrangement (or something similar) of classical-music pieces.

I want more! :D
    Can anyone point me toward something similar? (by Danny [anyway…Bravo! ^^ ] or otherwise)

Thx

Dawg Man
    Participant

They’re all Elfman. The reason that a lot of people think they’re so familiar is because Elfman structured them, or at least Victor’s solo, into something similar to a 19th Century romantic-era piece, like Moonlight Sonota. The slow arpeggios evoke that mood.

It’s completely Elfman though.

Hasimir
    Participant

I wasn’t suggesting plagiarism.
    SoundTracks normally incorporate many songs from many different musicians…

Corpse Bride soundtrack only sayed “Danny Elfman”…so I came here asking ^_^

Edward Bloom
    Participant

Monsters R us, you should try to think before typing something down, it’ll improve the quality of your posts…

To answer the question : yes, as Dawg Man said, Beethoven’s 14th piano sonata, 1st movement. Elfman’s homage is obvious but he manages to avoid plagiarism by injecting his own atmosphere…;)

Hasimir
    Participant

Thank you Edward :D

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Monsters R Us went bye-bye.

Ryan

Anonymous
    Inactive

nice — so now this guy’s threatening ryan?

Spider-Fan
    Participant

Don’t take that, Ryan! Cancel his ass!

elfmanguy
    Participant

That dude, Monsters r us, was a total hater!Anyway if you liked that piano solo i would recommend anything Chopin! Thats just me though!

TenderLumpling
    Participant

Monsters R Us went bye-bye.

What? No! I loved that guy. I’ll miss calling him on his bullshit.

Hasimir
    Participant

Chopin eh? I’ll look into it! :D
    Thx ^^

elfmanguy
    Participant

I especially love Chopin’s Waltzes! Check it out! youll love it!

evil-dead
    Participant

It’s a totally different vein of solo piano, but check out Debussy’s stuff, especially the arabesque’s and Satie’s solo piano stuff (i like the gymnopedie’s)….. if you liked elfman’s forbidden zone piano stuff, it’s totally his tribute to Satie.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.