Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Spider-Fan
    Participant

I can’t believe this hasn’t been brought up before — the adaptation of “Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter” is being produced by Tim Burton and directed by Timur Bekmambetov to be released in 2012. Danny’s pretty much a shoe-in for this one, right?

Spider-Fan
    Participant

Ah, the forum search parameters I placed did not go back to March. Anyway, this movie’s just been bought by Fox (rather enthusiastically) and Timur’s definitely directing with a $69 million budget.

http://www.slashfilm.com/2010/10/03/fox-wins-timur-bekmambetovs-abraham-lincoln-vampire-hunter-planning-a-2012-release-in-3d/

ddddeeee
    Participant

Release date = 22/6/12

June? There might be some conflict between this and Men in Black 3. I hope he can pull off both, but I doubt it. Hopefully, he stays committed to MIB3. This is Danny’s chance to FINALLY score an entire trilogy.

DannyBiker
    Participant

Yeah…but I’d prefer hearing something new. I mean, it’s a trilogy but…it’s Men in Black. Fun scores but dumb movies.

This will be a horror-comedy, so we won’t be getting anything new from Elfman. It’ll be a little Beetlejuice with a bit of Darkman, a teaspoon of Sleepy Hollow and a pinch of Wolfman for flavor. MIB 3 is new territory for Elfman. He has never done a trilogy before. It’s a new challenge for him. And Elfman loves challenges.

Thor
    Participant

It may just sound a bit like the music he did for MODERN VAMPIRES, the similar topic and everything. Or not. Time will show if it ever comes to pass.

Monsterhead
    Participant

Themes by Danny Elfman. Music by Deborah Lurie.

DannyBiker
    Participant

How can MIIIB be new territory ??
    Beside, I’m sure he’s not approaching this film clapping his hands freneticly and thinking “Oh God, my first trilogy !!!”; it’s just another film to work on for him…

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

There’s no reason to believe he won’t do both.

ddddeeee
    Participant

That may be true. MIIIB is shooting already while Vampire Hunter has only just got a release date.

There’s no reason to believe he won’t do both.

Both film are only being released a couple of weeks apart. Danny isn’t Hans Zimmer who has the aid of “additional composers.”

That may be true. MIIIB is shooting already while Vampire Hunter has only just got a release date.

MIB 3 is already shooting because it’s a $200 million visual effects film. Those take longer to shoot. Vampire Hunter is a $65 million horror-comedy.

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Films these days are not scored and recorded when they are 100% complete. Both films are will be scored by Elfman because their post-production schedules will be different.

DannyBiker
    Participant

Agreed, it is way too early in the process to speculate on anything…

Monsterhead
    Participant
    ddddeeee
    Participant
    Lucius
    Participant

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Lucius

bookbinder3
    Participant

Wasn’t that interested in this. It seems interminably silly. I know that this guys score for The Social Network was popular, but I havent heard/seen it. No more interested in the film than I wasn’t before. Danny’s got enough cool stuff coming up.

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Is this even confirmed?

Lucius
    Participant

Everything posted on the internet is true, Ryan. Don’t you know that?

Tim Burton is directing Dark Shadows, which is a vampire movie, so I assume Danny didn’t want to work on TWO vampire flicks. Especially two that are being made at roughly the same time.

Spider-Fan
    Participant

It’s true, based on what I heard from someone I work with who’s involved with the production. Sounds like a strange choice to me.

Thor
    Participant

Reznor is a cool choice. I loved THE SOCIAL NETWORK, and would love to see him do more film music.

I’m not too worried about Danny. He has enough interesting projects to dive into at this point.

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.