Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Airbus A380 unveiling

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Spider-Fan
    Participant

I just caught this on the Daily Show on Comedy Central from Jan 24. Jon Stewart was talking about the unveiling of the super-huge Airbus A380 in France, and they showed footage of it and they played “Grand Finale” from Edward Scissorhands during that event. Jon Stewart went on to say, “either that was the presentation music or they’re already showing Patch Adams as the in-flight movie.” I thought it was a funny remark, though his sources are poor. I’ve posted a link to the Airbus site where they have Flash videos of the unveiling, complete with the music.

http://www.airbus.com/events/a380_reveal/event/index.asp

TenderLumpling
    Participant

I saw that too. I love The Daily Show.

Though I thought the joke was more about how the music was far too emotional for the unveiling of a jet. But I don’t know…

Spider-Fan
    Participant

I gotta agree with that. Edward Scissorhands was uncalled for with a jet unveiling. I would have gone with Apollo 13 or Armageddon. Still fun to hear Danny’s work appreciated by the REALLY big guys, right?

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Let’s just face it — EDWARD is so damn good, it makes everything that much better.

Whether it be Nissans, Disneyland, cold medicine, Casper or Lemony Snicket! ;)

Ryan

Danny Burton
    Participant

WTH?

That actually made me laugh pretty hard. The Edward music feels so out of place I expected it to start snowing over the plane and the people to start dancing like Winona. Heh.

Katie
    Participant

Wow, that is sooooooooo over the top. It’s just a friggin plane . . .

A few years ago I found a video on the Siegfried and Roy website of their white tigers playing in a pool, set to Ed Scissorhands music. It made me sick, in small part because Siegfried and Roy were breeding these white tigers claiming that they were endangered animals that they were helping to save. Mostly it bothered me because it was all just so STUPID.

Edward Bloom
    Participant

I love the “Win an Airbus” contest…

Aki
    Participant

In Paris, in the famous store “Printemps”, there was an exposition on Baccara’s cristal, and the music was… all Danny Elfman’s scores or almost !! Nightmare before christmas, Sleepy, Edward, Batman… Hum…France lovesssssss Danny !!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.