Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Alice 2 or Miss Peregrine?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    ddddeeee
    Participant

It’s definitely looking like when Miss Peregrine was moved it caused it to clash with Alice 2. Elfman was signed onto Alice 2 as early as mid-2014 and it’s Disney so it would have been difficult to get out of. I’ve no doubt he would’ve chose Miss Peregrine if it had ever come down to that but I doubt it ever did.

So a sequel to one of Elfman’s best scores with one of his best themes or a new fantasy score and a continuation of the Burton/Elfman collaboration? Which would you prefer?

Honestly, I’m going to go with Alice here. For someone so prolific Elfman hasn’t done that many sequels (to movies he scored) and Alice’s theme is a career highlight.

Miss Peregrine is no doubt ripe for another good score but it is another story of an outsider going to a fantastical place and finding his place in the world (Sounds like Alice actually). Still, as much as I love Shore’s score for Ed Wood there’s always that nagging ‘Danny should have scored this’ feeling that will surely plague Miss Peregrine for me too.

DannyBiker
    Participant

1576_porqueo.jpg

I’m with Danny Biker. Why not both? Considering Miss Peregrine moved to December, I don’t understand why Danny Elfman couldn’t have scored it. I’m also puzzled by the no-name composers that Tim Burton chose. Howard Shore is a major composer. Love it or hate it, he was a good alternate for Ed Wood. Burton could have used this opportunity to work with another major composer. Michael Giacchino. Alexandre Desplat. Thomas Newman. Etc.

DannyBiker
    Participant

Well, as we talked about in Burton film’s thread, it looks like while the film will be released later on, its production’s schedule didn’t change at all, leading to Elfman’s schedule conflict.
    Now for the composers pick, it looks like a “I can’t get Danny but I won’t betray him with another A-list composer, with whom I’ll have to go through a “get to know how to work together” phase, so I’ll go with some people of his team that I’ve already worked with” situation. I’m torn between disappointed (I think Desplat who have made wonders) and feeling happy for the two composers who get a big shot in a industry that won’t allow many.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.