Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion All music in Spidey – even what’s not on the album…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

As far as I can tell, here are all the score cues – with approx. timings – for the music as it appears in the Spider-Man MOVIE (leaving out the few 2-5 second scene-transition cues). So enthralled with the emotion and visuals, that upon 1st viewings of movie, I noticed only a few minutes of music missing from score cd. Fourth viewing revealed much more. Although still a lot of short (less relevant?) cues, there are several good pieces (some whole cues are missing because they are only short?) that are part of cues that are on the cd (edited out for some reason). Suspect the re-use fees kept the album length down, and that repetition of the Spidey-hero theme in some cues seemed expendable, in editing the album.

* not on score cd at all
    ** longer in movie than on score cd
    *** longer on songs cd than on score cd
    **** shorter in movie than on score cd
    ***** movie contains a gap/pause in the music

MAIN TITLES 3.50 ***
    SCHOOL BUS 0.20 *
    MJ POSES/THE BITE 1.00 *
    TRANSFORMATIONS 3.50 **
    NEW MORNING 0.30 *
    RUN FOR THE BUS 0.20 *
    FIRST WEB 1.00
    PETER RUNS AWAY/CLIMB, JUMP, SWING ***** 1.30 *
    BACKYARD TALK 1.30 *
    COSTUME MONTAGE 1.20
    BEDROOM WEB TEST 0.25 *
    BEN DRIVES AWAY 0.25 *
    BEN’S DEATH/REVENGE 6.45 **
    PETER AND MAY 1.40
    CITY MONTAGE 1.50
    ARMORED CAR HOLD-UP 0.45 *
    UNITY FESTIVAL ATTACK 5.30 **
    SPECTER OF THE GOBLIN 3.50
    THINK ABOUT IT HERO 0.20 *
    MJ AND PETER **/ALLEY ATTACK**/THE KISS 2.30
    BABY FIRE RESCUE 1.10 *
    DODGING RAZOR-BATS 0.15 *
    DROP OF BLOOD 0.45 * *****
    NORMAN SEES CUT ARM 0.20 *
    FIRST DESTROY HIS HEART 0.50 *
    AT MAY’S BEDSIDE 1.00
    PETE TELLS MJ 1.30
    BRIDGE CONFRONTATION 6.00 **
    FIGHTING BACK **/IT WASN’T ME/DODGING GLIDER ** 2.30 *****
    A DEAD FATHER 1.00
    MJ TELLS PETE/CITY SWINGING 4.40 ***
    END CREDITS 1.00 ****

Anonymous

Thanks for the rundown. Of the cues noted, I think the “Bedroom Web Test” would have fit into the album nicely. In the film it comes right after “Costume Montage” and I mentally hear it everytime I play the album — even though it’s not playing!

Ryan

Anonymous

tell me about it….i’m still vying for an entire score album norm for the future. They should stop with these insane cuts and stuff.

Anonymous

DObbs — it’s all about money. Really, no one buys these albums to justify the costs. I still think we’re lucky for what we do get.

Look on the bright side!

Ryan

Anonymous

Hey, I have a question for you guys. People use the term “re-use fees” when referring to this kind of stuff? What exactly does this mean?

Anonymous

The bright side is obviously getting a single issue MiB 2 and it’s not laden with rap cuts out the wazoo. For that, alone, i’m grateful…But if John Williams can release a complete score album for his Star Wars films (even though they sell for almost 25 bucks)…then you have to think why not for anyone else? I just think it would actually make more money (if not the same) if they just did that instead of doing the whole pop-then-score releases. To me it just makes sense…

Anonymous

To answer the question on re-use fees. I think these are the payments that are made to U.S. musicians who are in the American Federation Of Musicians union. Any score music recorded with AFM players and orchestras for a movie, that is also put onto cd, falls into the term ‘re-use’ i.e. since movie scores are primarily intended to go onto a movie’s soundtrack, and not onto cd’s, this is classed as re-using the music. Unlike royalties, here every one of these players gets a one-off payment based on each minute of the score that is re-used on CD, rather than just in the movie. The bigger the orchestra, the higher the no. of players needed for it, and so the longer the score album, the higher the re-use fees for the labels to pay out. Since score albums don’t sell that well mostly, the re-use cost and the album production cost have to be weighed against likely cd sales, in business economic terms, and that’s what keeps a score album length down to, say, 30 mins on most Varese cd’s, and 40-50 mins. on other labels’ albums. Any score music recorded outside the U.S. , or with a non-union U.S. orchestra, is cheaper, and so score albums can be as long as the labels like (60-75 mins usually).

Anonymous

UPDATED VERSION OF CUES…

Bring on the extended/2cd/academy-promo score album…

As far as I can tell, here are all the score cues – with approx. timings – for the music as it appears in the Spider-Man MOVIE. So enthralled with the emotion and visuals, that upon 1st viewing of movie, I noticed only a few minutes of music missing from score cd. Later viewings revealed much more. Although still a lot of short (less relevant?) cues, there are several good pieces (some whole cues are missing because they are only short?) that are part of cues that are on the cd (edited out for some reason). Suspect the re-use fees kept the album length down, and that repetition of the Spidey-hero theme in some cues seemed expendable, in editing the album. Also, certain tracks on the cd have music from more than 1 place in the movie.

* not on score cd at all
    ** longer in movie than on score cd
    *** longer on songs cd than on score cd
    **** shorter in movie than on score cd

MAIN TITLES 3.40 ***
    SCHOOL BUS 0.30 *
    MJ POSES/THE BITE 1.10 *
    PULLED FUNDING 0.05 *
    TRANSFORMATIONS 3.30
    NEW MORNING 1.00 *
    RUN FOR THE BUS * /NORMAN ON FLOOR 1.30
    FIRST WEB 1.00
    YOU ARE A FREAK/CLIMBNG & JUMPING 1.00 *
    FIRST SWING 0.30 *
    BACKYARD TALK 1.30 *
    COSTUME MONTAGE 1.20
    BEDROOM WEB TEST 0.30 *
    OSBOURNE HEARS LAUGHTER 0.03 *
    BEN DRIVES AWAY 0.25 *
    BEN’S DEATH/PURSUIT **** 4.30
    KILLER’S FACE 1.30 **
    PETER AND MAY 1.40
    SPIDEY MONTAGE 1.50
    WON’T TELL HARRY 0.20 *
    ARMORED CAR HOLD-UP 0.40 *
    YOU’RE OUT NORMAN 0.10 *
    THE FESTIVAL-BALCONY ATTACK/BALLOON RESCUE ** 3.00
    THE FESTIVAL-BALLOON JUMPING/MJ RESCUED 3.00
    VOICE IN THE MIRROR 2.30
    BUGLE CRASH * /THINK ABOUT IT HERO ** 3.00
    MJ AND PETER 1.00 *
    ALLEY ATTACK 1.00 *
    THE KISS 1.30
    BABY FIRE RESCUE 1.30 *
    DODGING RAZOR-BATS 0.15 *
    NO ONE SAYS NO TO ME 0.05 *
    DROP OF BLOOD 0.25 *
    HANGING OUT-SIDE 0.20 *
    CARVING/CUT ON THE ARM 1.00 *
    DESTROY HIS HEART 0.50 *
    DELIVER FROM EVIL 0.25 *
    AT MAY’S BEDSIDE 1.00
    PETE TELLS MJ 1.30
    PHONECALL/BRIDGE RESCUES ** 5.30
    FIGHTING BACK **/IT WASN’T ME/DEATH 3.00
    MJ TELLS PETE***/FINAL SWING **** 4.40
    END CREDITS START 1.00 ****

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.