Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Alternate Costume Montage

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Spider-Fan
    Participant

My favorite movie/Elfman score just came on TV (yes, I have the DVD, but it’s still exciting to me) and it reminded me of this query of mine. A little over a year ago, there was an episode of the Film Score Monthly Podcast that discussed the Spider-Man scores. At the end of the podcast, they featured a few seconds of an alternate version of “Costume Montage” from the first film. Anyone happen to have this full track anywhere?

D-Bo
    Participant

I remember exactly the FSM podcast episode you’re referring to. I echo Spider-Fan’s question: anyone out there have this cue?

Monsterhead
    Participant

I have an idea. And ten to one says he’s not even going to answer your queries…

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster
    D-Bo
    Participant

Thank you, sir!

Lucius
    Participant

Well Ryan, I wish you could cough and all the circus cues from ‘Big Fish’ could come out. A brother can dream, can’t he? Now, I’m gonna go to the bathroom and try to crap out a complete ’89 Batman cd.

Lucius

Spider-Fan
    Participant

Thanks Ryan! You’re the best in the biz! That’s a really great track. Too bad we won’t be hearing any more of that Spidey thematic goodness from Elfman…

By the way, do you perhaps know what the story is behind this version being replaced with the one that ultimately landed in the movie and on the soundtrack?

mar2k
    Participant

Spider-Fan Wrote:

> Thanks Ryan! You’re the best in the biz! That’s a
    > really great track. Too bad we won’t be hearing
    > any more of that Spidey thematic goodness from
    > Elfman…

Funny you mention this because I was thinking the other day I wonder if Sony would convince Danny to come back for another movie since they threw out a lot of Young’s SM3 score and went back to the Elfman themes.

I see that Raimi is still involved with the possible sequels (big mistake) even if he does not direct them so that appears to lower the chances to zero percent right there. I hope if they stick with the same cast that they will give Young the boot and turn the reins over to Debney/Lurie for the whole thing.

SM3 was a frustrating experience. It had some high points. Sandman and Venom both made fine villians but did not belong in the same movie. The cheese factor – dancing, overdramatic news reports, the all-knowing ever-loyal butler, and the dark Pete/bad haircut was so over the top where SM2 was mostly free of all these things and expectations were high going in.

A complete reboot of the series with a new Spider-Man who is able to better deliver the one-liners and attitude of the comics is not a bad idea. Doubtful any of Danny’s material would survive such a reboot though.

You never know, man. Maybe Raimi and Elfman will be friends again. Let’s not forget the `94-`96 Elfman-Burton feud.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.