Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Appreciation of NBC

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Spider-Fan
    Participant

I know that I’m not the only one who sees all of these Nightmare Before Christmas addicts running around everywhere, and most of these people have no idea who Danny Elfman is. It pisses me off like crazy when I see them in their Jack Skellington sweaters and backpacks and yet they don’t know who was a major driving force behind the movie. These are the same people who will think that they have won an argument with you when they say that im Burton directed the movie and you rebute by telling them that Henry Selick directed it (which they still claim is incorrect later on). How many of these people has everyone seen?

Anonymous

Just last Friday I think I ran into one, althought not as bad as what you’re describing – I heard this person start singing “This is Halloween”. Of course, I got excited and started up a conversation about NMBC only find yet another lost soul has no idea who Danny Elfman is… so sad…

Anonymous

It’s an American thing, S-F. Come to England. We are Jack-free here. I think maybe we substitute Wallace & Gromit. My t-shirt has them in a scene from ‘The Wrong Trowsers’, being held up by Penguin evil mastermind ‘The Chicken’. One to scare the tots for years to come…

Blunt

D-Bo
    Participant

Oh, I love those Wallace & Gromit shows. I think I have three of them on tape. ‘The Wrong Trousers’ is my favorite :).
    Oh, yeah, I’m American by the way, too.

Anonymous

Sadly, until the creators get groovy on a film (maybe they’re already doing it after the success of Chicken Run?) there are just the three mini films, and they’re now available together on a DVD. I smell early Christmas present lists… :o)

Blunt

Anonymous

Sadly, until the creators get groovy on a film (maybe they’re already doing it after the success of Chicken Run?) there are just the three mini films, and they’re now available together on a DVD. I smell early Christmas present lists… :o)

Blunt

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.