Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Autographs in!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Spider-Fan
    Participant

I don’t know about everyone else who ordered from Tower Records, but I just got in my signed Corpse Bride CD booklet today and whaddya know, it’s signed by Danny in silver pen! This is absolutely awesome! I need to frame it or something!

beth
    Participant

Wow!
    I hope I get mine today.
    Yes, definately need to frame it!

9fingeredElf
    Participant

I got mine. Way cool!

Lucius
    Participant

Got mine too!!!! (Tee Hee, Giggle, Giggle!)

Lucius

elfmanguy
    Participant

Also got mine! But i was wondering if anyone has an authentic autograph straight from him! I mean how do we know its actually him who signed it! I wanna do some comparing! I mean its from Tower so we have to assume its really him and just not some guy forgeing his signature! Im sure its him who signed it and im REALLY happy but i just wanna make sure ya know!

Spider-Fan
    Participant

Mine looks like Danny really signed it. I mean, I’m pretty sure I see the stroke marks of the pen!

elfmanguy
    Participant

Oh i dont doubt it was with a real pen or that is was really signed but was it really signed by HIM? Thats my question! e could have signed like one then had some other guy whos really good at forgeing sign the rest!

evil-dead
    Participant

What the hell!!!!!!!!!!!!! I pre-ordered mine and there is NO SIGNATURE!!!!! I got ripped off,man. I even have the reciept saying it was an advanced copy, too. When I ordered it I don’t remember it being stated anywhere that there were no more autographed copies. Wack. I’m jealous.

evil-dead
    Participant

Oh wait: “The autographed booklet will be shipped to arrive separately from your CD order. Please allow 8-12 weeks for delivery of the CD booklet”…… 8-12 weeks?????

Thor
    Participant

I’m not working for the FBI or anything, but I think I can safely confirm that that is Danny’s signature. I have a signed poster of MODERN VAMPIRES myself (with both his and Richard Elfman’s signature) and it looks almost the same as the one pictured in your post.

TJ

evil-dead
    Participant

i just got mine finally. SWEET.

BATMAN
    Participant

I got all nervous when I hadn’t received mine, and I wrote a letter to tower.com, from my high horse I was a disgruntled consumer who feels he had been ripped off…but they say -812 weeks, but it arrived Tuesday. So I got mine.
    As to its authenticity…when I met him in February at his Carnegie Hall concert, I had him sign my NBC album, and yes it’s a perfect match. So no worries, I have no doubt he signed a quick 100 of these. Lord knows film composers have quick writing skills.

beth
    Participant

I’m worried!
    Where’s MINE!

Weepy Donuts
    Participant

I noticed that your scan shows a notch in the lower right corner. I didn’t notice that until I got mine.

Ryan, why is there a notch in the corner? I have seen this before in the spine of a jewel on eBay. What is it from?

Thanks

Spider-Fan
    Participant

I wonder how many of these he signed? My family is skeptical but it really doesn’t take that long to get a whole bunch done. If he took only an hour out of one day to sign CDs, he’d have at least 300 or so CDs. Consider that Kevin Smith devotes several hours each day to signing stuff. Danny can do it once, and he did! It’s cool every time I look at it.

EDIT: OK, I’m not going to start a new director grudge, but Kevin Smith, who I’ve just mentioned, and also (so i’ve heard) had a meeting at Danny’s House concerning “Dogma,” had this to say about Corpse Bride in his blog: “…Harley (his daughter) and I are off to the Chinese Theater to check out Tim Burton’s latest (which I really love, despite the songs).” What the hell, man? But I’m fooling nobody, and I’ll be first in line to see “Clerks 2.”

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

I noticed that too. I didn’t order an advance copy, so I can’t say for sure, but it looks like the notch is the same kind labels put into deleted titles to sell them at a discounted price. Music stores are not supposed to sell notched or punched discs for full price. Very bizarre that these autographed CDs are notched…

Ryan

9fingeredElf
    Participant

Mine didn’t have that notch, but the “lfman” part of the Elfman autograph is all squished together. Are there any others that aren’t happy with the quality of their signature.

the one on eBay right now looks great, though that one has a notch:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4773597547&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Anonymous
    Inactive

Guys!!!!

You’re overanalyzing this…….

It’s a signature item that you PERSONALLY did not see Danny Elfman sign…….let’s think about it………

I have one of these.. I paid tower.com for it. It shipped from WB. I consider it real. Why would WB rip me off? They have major money. They’re not making THAT much off this. Danny would not allow it.

That being said…I will not sell it. It’s for me to enjoy. It’s definitely from Mr. Elfman.

Now…..if you want to SELL it… it’s a forgery… you didn’t see him sign it. Get my point? Just enjoy it like I am. It’s real.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.