Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Batman… er, I mean, “2012”

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Spider-Fan
    Participant

I had time to kill yesterday so I decided to indulge in my shameful desire to see “2012” purely for the visuals. I couldn’t believe my ears when I thought I heard “Batman” playing over the film:

The last two notes are different, but still, that’s a helluva lot like Elfman’s “Batman” theme. It plays several times as a theme in “2012”.

While the images in the movie were worth my matinee-priced money, the writing was atrocious (though I expected no more). The film’s co-composer, Harald Kloser, was also the film’s co-writer. So that explained a lot. Still, my kudos to the effects team for a job well done.

Thor
    Participant

To be honest, I don’t think it sounds much like Elfman at all. It’s basically just a rising figure, which has appeared in music for hundreds of years. Sorry.

elfboy91
    Participant

I think it does. When the French Horns get the melody the second time, it sounded very Elfmanesque. The style is a bit different but it’s a cool find!

Spider-Fan
    Participant

I swear, there’s also a point in the score (though not on the soundtrack) during the destruction of Los Angeles where I thought that they accidentally edited in “Molossus” from “Batman Begins”.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.