Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Batman Forever : Goldenthal’s Score Featurette on 2 DVD set

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Elfman
    Participant

OK, I know, I know, WE did love the Elfman’s Batman Theme because is the definitive and the ONLY Batman theme, but I’m CURIOUS to see the featurette of Elliot Goldenthal’s score on the new Batman Forever 2-DVD.

The ONLY thing I’m affraid, is the longer of this featurette, is it More longer than the Batman and Batman Returns music score featurette.

KWashi
    Participant

The Elliot Goldenthal featurette was pretty interesting (as was Goldenthal himself!)
    He said something to the effect of, “How do I compose a theme? Well…kids when they’re playing with toys hum their own themes! Dum…dum dum dum dum..dum dum dum..”
    I checked on Batman & Robin and I don’t think it has a music featurette (probably because so much of the music was rehashed! Compare the two opening action scenes! I even heard THE RIDDLER’S THEME in Batman & Robin!)
    Not that I’m anti-Goldenthal, “Batman Forever” is a wonderful score (his theme’s nice, and who doesn’t love the theremin, saxaphone, and Elliot’s screaming vocals [according to the CD listing] ?)
    Still, Elfman’s score to “Batman” is my favorite of all time….of any score EVER.

Oops….haha, misread what you said!
    No, I think the featurettes are all pretty close to the same in length….but I think Elliot’s may have been a tad bit longer….I might be wrong. But there’s 2 Elfman featurettes compared to Elliot’s one (if I’m right on there not being one on Batman & Robin)

Elfman
    Participant

All right, thanks Mr.
    :)

JS
    Participant

Does anybody can upload those video. I want to see Scoring Forever: The Music of Batman Forever.

chocothrax
    Participant

I don’t think that’s legal. :)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.