Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Batman: The Animated Series – Did anyone buy this?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Dawg Man
    Participant

I bought the soundtrack the other day. It’s amazing.

I’d forgotten how great this stuff was, even though the material was kid’s stuff. It’s funny to go back and listen to Shirley Walker add onto Elfman’s theme with her own, and in a style spot on with Elfman’s early 1990’s sound.

The episode “Two-Face” is the highlight I think, although “The Last Laugh” uses a version Elfman’s theme in the climax. While the Joker and the Penguin mostly have Elfman-esque cartoonish themes, Two-Face harkens back to Elfman’s gloomy Darkman style (which Walker also conducted). I know this is Walker material, but it’s a real example of her talents if she can fit into another composer’s world so well. This is truly the most Elfman-esque music I’ve ever heard outside of Danny’s own work.

Listen to it yourself in the “Two Face” episode:

There are other highlights as well, but this one just blew me away.

– Flynn

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Of course I bought it. Lots of thoughts here about the release news:

http://elfman.filmmusic.com/forum/read.php?7,32562

gordonblu
    Participant

I haven’t had a chance to buy this one, but I checked the tracklisting and I’m pleased with the selections. I remeber going nuts over the Two-Face music back when the show was first aired. My friends and I are absolutely nuts over the music for “the Joker’s Favor”. That opening Title Card is absolutely nuts. One of my friends recorded it from the episode and has it for his ringtone.

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Better act fast…

Under 200 units left… http://lalalandrecords.com/BatmanAS.html

evil-dead
    Participant

Bought this one right away. It’s awesome. I really like the last track on disc 2, which is Shirley Walker at the piano demonstrating her themes and discussing. Too bad she passed, it would be nice to hear more from her.

D-Bo
    Participant

Got my copy in the mail today! Just in time, too, since it looks like it’s sold out now. Can’t wait to give a proper listen to it.

Is anyone gonna post what Elfman wrote on the CD packet?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.