Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Batman: The Animated Series RELEASED!!!!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Natrebo
    Participant

This is from LaLa Land’s post at the Film Score Monthly Message Boards….

“While this upcoming Friday is considered to be “Black Friday” amongst retailers in the States, LA LA LAND RECORDS is making NEXT TUESDAY, DECEMBER 2 “BLACK TUESDAY” here in Film Score World.

The Dark Knight, Frank Black and the Terminator (a harbinger of death) will ALL be coming by!

That’s right, starting next Tuesday, December 2 at 12 PM PST La La Land Records will be taking orders on the following titles:

BATMAN: THE ANIMATED SERIES:

MUSIC BY SHIRLEY WALKER, LOLITA RITMANIS, AND MICHAEL McCUISTION. THEME BY DANNY ELFMAN.

2 DISC SET.
    LIMITED EDITION OF 3000 UNITS
    $26.98
    Autographed by Lolita and Michael”

Weepy Donuts
    Participant

Thank you for the heads up. I can’t wait to order this.

P.S. I’m really gullible. Is this for real?

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

It’s for real, and includes Elfman’s title music.

Seems a bit over-priced. Then again…its only 3,000 copies.

Weepy Donuts
    Participant

Just made the purchase!

I can’t wait to get it. It sounds like Danny either provided some comments to or was interviewed for the liner notes.

Natrebo
    Participant

The samples just made me giddy with excitement!!!

I can’t wait to listen to it!

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

I ordered my copy as well. And yes, Elfman wrote a short note. I’ll have that for you soon!

Weepy Donuts
    Participant

Nat,

That is exactly how I felt when I downloaded the samples. Walker’s version of The Nutcracker Suite always pops into my head whenever I hear the actual piece.

This album looks like it hits many of the recognizable themes… Joker, “Joker’s Favor”, Two-Face, Mad Hatter, Penguin. But there is still so much more music! I hope that they do not wait as long as they have for a second collection.

Lucius
    Participant

So, I just got my copy today and am going through it as we speak. A great disc with nice packaging…but dammit if Elfman’s Main Title STILL has the f-ing lightening crack at the end!!! That and there is no meta data with the disc…that hopefully will change soon, cause I don’t wanna type 71 track names all my myself…that’s what robots are for….right?

Still, despite the complaints, it’s great having this music in one collection. Hearing this again really makes me miss Shirley Walker. Elfman had some nice things to say about her in the liner notes as well. I would post them, but I’m lazy and that Ryan’s job anyway. ;)

Lucius

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Damn, I was hoping for a SFX-free version, as I already have the main title on an old TVT set.

TenderLumpling
    Participant

Ryan, you got a special thanks in the liner notes.

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

I just heard that the other day. Very generous of Daniel Schweiger and La-La Land to link to my Shirley Walker website!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.