Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion BATMAN : The Definitive complete score ?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Elfman
    Participant

I watched the New special edition of Batman, I mean the features… wow that was great !!! Costum – designing the Batmobile, behind the music,…

But if you listen very carefully, during the long documentary, you can heard some of great pieces of unreleased music behind and very clearely. Why did they never released a Complete score album until now ! I’m sure that all of you realy like all of music that we can heard in this movie (in perticular the film version of ”Attack of the Batwing”)

They works very hard to making this project.

It’s time to release the Definitive Complete score of BATMAN.

Dawg Man
    Participant

Well, they haven’t released a complete score album EVER. Warner owns the music so they obviously have the tracked music from the soundtrack in their library and decided to use it for the documentary. I doubt they’ll put it on CD though. What’s the point?

Still, It would be nice if Elfman made a suite per movie on a new MFADT CD containing cues left off certain CD releases.

Ghost Moth
    Participant

Something I really noticed was the different sounding version of “First Confrontation” in the end credits of Shadows of the Bat.
    I don’t know if it’s a different take or something new.
    For all I know it just sounds better because it’s equalized or mixed differently,
    which is very likely.

I think a re-release of the Batman scores would be great, with improved sound;
    whatever bitrate that is now. I’ve always noticed the levels of the CDs are a bit low.

One possibility is a multi-disc set. Both scores in their entirety, with alternate cues as well.
    It would have a well-written booklet . Definitely an essay on Elfman’s score and the movie. Possibly explainations of each cue.

That has been done before with the original three Star Wars scores.
    On CD the tracks from the Batman scores don’t really leave much to be desired.
    I support the idea as an audiophile. I’ve listened to these scores since they came out, I had the first one on tape even. And I do believe the audio quality as it is now is not its best.

We’re four years away from the 20th anniversary of these films.
    (How did I get this old?)
    It would be cool for something special to happen.

You know, Danny has shown no intent on his own to produce score albums,
    Special Editions, and even another Music For A Darkened Theater.
    From what he said on the MSN interview he would be happy to compile such things, but no one from a label has asked him to do it.

I think we all realise there is a ton of stuff we want on an official MFADT 3. Someone needs to be encouraged to produce it.

Maybe we need to collectively campaign for a new Music For A Darkened Theater.
    I’m ready when you are…

–Ghost

Lucius
    Participant

>>Something I really noticed was the different sounding version of “First Confrontation” in the end credits of Shadows of the Bat.
    I don’t know if it’s a different take or something new.
    For all I know it just sounds better because it’s equalized or mixed differently,
    which is very likely.

It is actually from the unreleased track when the Joker is sending all the Smilex products from The Axis Chemicals Plant.

“Have you shipped a million of those things yet?”

“Yes, sir.”

“SHIP ‘EM ALL! We’re gonna take ’em out a whole new door.”

Lucius

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

There are also some composers credited with writing music for the first disc doc. They may have taken some of Elfman’s material and adapted it, or added on to existing score cues. There is at least one version of “Roof Fight”, I believe, that is totally clean from dialogue and SFX.

Ryan

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.