Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Best Elfman Behind the Scenes DVD

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    strongballs
    Participant

Is the Nightmare before Christmas probably the best behind the scene feture on any of his DVD’s.

I know most other DvD’s show a few minutes, I love when they get into notation detial and the rythm of the themes or motives, Spider man is another pretty good lengthy feturette. What else?

Edward Bloom
    Participant

I thought the extras on Planet of the Apes’s dvd were exceptionnal. A commentary track and a 13 minutes featurette, you don’t see that everyday…:(

mootum
    Participant

I agree… I got the Planet of the Apes DVD just for those features alone.

guitarfreak
    Participant

i have the nightmare before christmas dvd, i have to agree there is some good extras on there………….

but i havent seen the planet of the apes …..

TenderLumpling
    Participant

Batman Returns and Spider-Man 2 are pretty good, too.

Dawg Man
    Participant

Men In Black II, as well.

Thor
    Participant

Edward Bloom Wrote:

> I thought the extras on Planet of the Apes’s dvd
    > were exceptionnal. A commentary track and a 13
    > minutes featurette, you don’t see that everyday…

Well, I’ll admit that I bought the DVD because of the extra features (the film has too many problems to be a worthwhile purchase otherwise). But I must say that I was a bit disappointed with the commentary track. Unlike the brilliant EDWARD SCISSORHANDS commentary, where Elfman actually comments on the things that are happening onscreen, the PLANET commentary seemed just be leftovers from the interview that were pasted in in more or less random spots throughout the film. Same with Burton’s commentary. LAZY!

Spider-Fan
    Participant

The “Big Fish” DVD was a big disappintment. No features on the music, and the commentary was a British guy interviewing Tim the whole movie, with only a brief and heard-before mention of Danny.

dorkman555
    Participant

I have Planet of the Apes on VHS. Do the comentaries on the DVD explain the ending by chance?

Or would I be the only aparently complete moron who didn’t get it?

(My friends/family didn’t get it either so unless we morons just have a tendency cluster together…)

Danny Burton
    Participant

Ugh, can someone give me a little briefing on what he says in the Men in Black II DVD?

I saw the film in the theater and I wouldn’t rent that piece of horse crap if my life depended on it.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.