Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Big Eyes Trailer

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    DannyBiker
    Participant

https://movies.yahoo.com/video/big-eyes-trailer-151825125.html

Looks promising. You all noticed the Silver Lining Playbook cue I guess…

Thor
    Participant

Looks great!

Lambegue
    Participant

I’m looking forward to it !
    I’m getting quite impatient to hear some new Elfman…The Unknown Known was several months ago, and there wasn’t even any expanded re-release in the meantime.

ddddeeee
    Participant

Acting looks spot on, cinematography and production design look great too but there’s something really ‘Lifetime’ movie about it. I think this might be more of a Hitchcock than an Ed Wood quality wise.

Yeah. It looks cheap and TV-esque.

DannyBiker
    Participant

Let’s not forget that Alexander and Karasewski wrote this and they systematically wrote the best biopics of the few last decades.

bookbinder3
    Participant

Looks very interesting. I’ll definitely be seeing it as soon as I can. Maybe not on Christmas day, but it will do very nicely on the 26th. With regards to it looking “cheap”, I believe it is one of the lowest budgets Burton has worked with for a long time (I can’t but my finger on the exact number, but I remember reading it and thinking it wasn’t a lot). That, and Burton has often favoured that kind of look. I wonder if he’s not doing it deliberately as a kind of nod to the time period, as with Ed Wood’s more obvious conceit of black and white.

DannyBiker
    Participant

$10 million budget if I remember correctly.

It looks cheap because Burton has nothing to play with. All of his other movies have elaborate sets and action sequences. This one is about real people and the real world. And all the bright colors and filters can’t hide that.

Thor
    Participant

I haven’t been this excited about a Burton film in ages. What a thrill it will be to see him operate in a more realistic environment (BIG FISH-style).

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.