Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Books?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Mary Bellows
    Participant

Hi there!

I am currently working on a thesis, this beeing a part of my master’s degree in Music Studies.. And who better to write about than.. Danny Elfman? My main focus will be on his score for Edward Scissorhands (Only the best movie in the world!!), and his collaboration with Tim Burton..

I was just wondering… Anyone wanna lend a hand?? Just in need of some helpfull hints, especially regading books. I have started to build quite the little Elfman/Burton library, but there may very well be books out there that I have missed. Good ones too.. Know of any? Post a little message for me!! :-) You will make my day.. Maybe even my entire week! :-)

Mary, Norway.

rex
    Participant
    Mary Bellows
    Participant

Just wanted to say thanks for the quick reply Rex! :-) Am checking out the books you mentioned as we speak!

Mary

Thor
    Participant

I actually completed my master thesis ( more like a Ph.D in international terms) last year, and I had a whole chapter devoted to an analysis of the EDWARD SCISSORHANDS score. I recently translated it into English, in order to have it published somewhere, but I have not yet.

I could send you the article through e-mail, but if you’re going to quote it, you’d have to make it out as an excerpt of my master thesis.

Best,

TJ

chocothrax
    Participant

I have that almost 200 page book on Elfmans Batman score and it’s quite interesting.

Mary Bellows
    Participant

Yes, I would absolutely be interested in reading your analysis of the Scissorhands Score! And, of course, should I choose to use any of your material, I will most certainly make it out as an excerpt of your thesis, giving you full credit. (Actually, failing to do so, could get me thrown out of school… Which I do not want..)

I’d be very gratefull if you would send your analysis to mary_bellows@hotmail.com

Thank you

Mary

Mary Bellows
    Participant

Thank you, but I have already beaten you to the punch. :-) Am waiting for that book to grace the insides of my mailbox as we speak. Have heard nothing but good things about it.. :)

Mary

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.