Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Burton’s Addams Family show on Netflix

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    ddddeeee
    Participant
    DannyBiker
    Participant

Yeah, it’s something but not something really exciting. But who knows.

I guess we can expect Elfman’s writing the titles and perhaps a few cues or episodes but I imagine a more limited budget could also lead to a “cheaper” composer being hired.

ddddeeee
    Participant

Shooting from Oct to Feb.

Seems like it could fit nicely in Elfman’s schedule (I’m assuming this will be a Halloween release), but I imagine the best we’d get is some themes from Elfman, or maybe him scoring the first episode at a push.

ddddeeee
    Participant

I was listening to an Elfman interview with Chris Hardwick and he mentioned that Burton was sending him pics from the set in Romania.

ddddeeee
    Participant

Elfman is writing the theme and co-scoring the series with Chris Bacon.

ddddeeee
    Participant

‘I’m just trying to finish up the second episode out of four with Tim’.

Burton was previously reported to have directed all the episodes.

ddddeeee
    Participant

Looks better than I was expecting to be fair.

DannyBiker
    Participant

I guess it looks more promising that I would have thought but I’m still not sold. I wonder how much Burton/Elfman will actually be involved if the show is picked up for a second season (if at all).

ddddeeee
    Participant

It’s doing really big numbers and the reaction seems very positive. I can see this being a big hit.

Maybe this being a hit would persuade Netflix to fund a passion project for Burton? I dunno. His career is in a really weird place.

DannyBiker
    Participant

At this stage, I don’t think I’d even be excited by a Burton “passion” project. I wonder if he even has some left… 😀
    I had high hopes for Big Eyes for instance, and it turned out to be just ok. I really feel that he gave all he got in the 90s.

ddddeeee
    Participant

DannyBiker
    Participant

Well. That’s Danny Elfman sounding for sure. Even a bit too much for my liking.
    That being said, I like that the he plays around the “idea” of the Addams Family theme, without actually quoting it.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by DannyBiker.
    Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

The album is now available to stream. When it appeared on Spotify yesterday all tracks but the main titles were credited to Elfman & Bacon, but today I see they must have revised the credits as there are now some tracks credited to Elfman only, just under 15 mins worth.

ddddeeee
    Participant

Elfman is credited as main composer for episode 1 and co-composer for episodes 2, 3 and 4.

ddddeeee
    Participant

I’m enjoying this! Nothing ground-breaking, but it’s good fun. Ortega is kinda incredible in it.

ddddeeee
    Participant

Netflix’s biggest premiere ever….

If it wasn’t already (it was), this has got to go down as Elfman’s biggest year.

Strange to see something Burton made be so embraced. It’s really become quite a phenomenon.

DannyBiker
    Participant

Really ? I didn’t see much about it on Twitter, I thought it went unnoticed. I’m still not sure if I’d give it a try though, it looks so uninspiring…

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

I think WEDNESDAY is trending with the Tiktok generation. They’re not on Twitter 😂

DannyBiker
    Participant

Well I saw some commenters mentioning that the show sometimes feels like it was written by an IA to please the target streaming audience, so it makes sense I guess… 😀

ddddeeee
    Participant

Elfman got two Emmy nominations today. One for the Main Title and one shared with Chris Bacon for the second episode.

I’m glad that they submitted the second episode. The score for the first episode is the best, but it’s the only one that Chris Bacon doesn’t have a ‘Music By’ credit on. I figured they would’ve went for that episode just because Elfman’s a big name. It’s right that, if they were going to get a nomination, it was together.

Burton got a director nomination, too.

ddddeeee
    Participant

ddddeeee
    Participant

I wonder if Elfman’s hoping that he doesn’t win with either of his nominations tonight.

Danny Elfman won two Emmys for the show. Chris Bacon got one.

Creative Arts Emmys: Full List Of Night 1 Winners

ddddeeee
    Participant

Elfman won for the title theme but The White Lotus won for original score. Lots of websites are incorrectly reporting that Elfman/Bacon won that. Maybe they got confused upon hearing that Elfman won.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.