Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion “Charlie” audiences?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    mootum
    Participant

I’m curious: for those of you who have seen “Charlie,” what kind of people made up the audiences?

I’ve seen it twice, and both times the theater seemed to be predominated by teenagers (mostly girls… Johnny Depp fans?). I mean, I know that it’s not just a KIDS’ movie, but I kind of expected to see some families watching it together–parents with their children–but I honestly can’t recall seeing a SINGLE KID at either of the showings!

Not that that’s a bad thing… again, just curious.

delfman
    Participant

I have seen it four times and it was mostly teenage girls.

elfmanguy
    Participant

When i saw it it was a mix! But a lot of kids with their families were there!

Brian
    Participant

Frankly, there were TOO many kids at the showing I went to.

No, not too many kids … too many INFANTS. In particular, there were two fully-grown responsible females near the front who had a squalling infant with them, and instead of taking the brat out(!) they passed him back and forth in vain attempts to quiet him.

People, either skip the movie or pay a babysitter, but don’t selfishly ruin everyone else’s viewing experience by bringing along someone who is far too young to (A) sit quietly, and (B) have developed any brain capacity to enjoy a movie anyway.

But to answer your question, the show I saw had all ages.

strongballs
    Participant

It sucks when you want to see a movie with limited viewing audence, you feel like you’re baby sitting. But most aduence mebers don’t know sub plots and the complexities of Production, Composing and Direction and acting. After Seeing many different genres. Thanks to Elfman, and others I can see them ither if good or bad.

Aki
    Participant

In france there was a lot of youngs adults : 20 30 years old, but a few kids. There was a lot of burton’s fan.
    Some guys came with a chocolate bar…I’ll do it the next time !! ^_^

mootum
    Participant

My girlfriend and I brought along some chocolate-covered raisins… not much, but I think our mouths would have been watering throughout the whole movie if we hadn’t!!

LittleMaestro
    Participant

There was a pretty mixed batch at the showing I went to. The was one child like six or seven that kept repeating to their guardian(and I say guardian because to be called a parent requires you to do at least some parenting) everything that was happening on the screen. And that wasn’t the most annoying thing about the showing. The annoying thing was the projector almost stopped about 5 times and every time that happened I was suddenly transported back to 7th grade science as if we were watching a film strip on how to read the table of elements.

Kipobe
    Participant

I went twice. First time it was mostly young couples (early 20’s). I’m 27, and I went with my wife to IMAX on opening weekend (Sat. 7pm).

Second time, it was alot of parents with their young kids… average age of kids: 6 – 15. That time I went at 5pm on Friday, and I took my nephews.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.