Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Charlie lyrics

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    strongballs
    Participant

I know the Willy Wonka welcome song, I need the lyrics to Augustus Gloop, Violet Beuregard, Varuca Sault and Mike Teavee. But i’ll take the WWS to complete the collection.

Spider-Fan
    Participant

I had the misfortune of having misplaced my CD, which had the lyrics printed in the insert. Good thing I transferred everything to my MP3 player already.

TenderLumpling
    Participant

I know the Willy Wonka welcome song, I need the lyrics to Augustus Gloop, Violet Beuregard, Varuca Sault and Mike Teavee. But i’ll take the WWS to complete the collection.

Just buy the soundtrack, friend.

elfmanguy
    Participant

I was just about to say “doesnt the CD have the lyrics printed in the jacket?” and it does! Head to your local CD store dude!

mootum
    Participant

I think one of the lyrics is printed incorrectly in the CD booklet: the end of Mike Teavee is written as “…if we can get him back to size / but if we can’t, it serves him right.”

However, I think it’s actually “…if we can get him back HIS HEIGHT”. That’s how it’s written in Roald Dahl’s book, and it sounds like that’s what’s being sung.

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

I thought the Oompahs were singing “get him back to size”.

Ryan

sdlively27
    Participant

I had been wondering that as well..

As well as in Wonk’s Welcome song

I thought they said “Amazing Chocolate Genius” but the line in the cover says Amazing Chocolatier”

Well I thought I would ask.

mootum
    Participant

Roald Dahl wrote the lyric as “…if we can get him back his height / but if we can’t, it serves him right.” (I checked the book just to make sure!)

I know Elfman changed some of Dahl’s words here and there for the movie, but to me, it really sounds like that’s what the Oompahs are singing… even though that’s not what the CD booklet says. Plus, “height” and “right” rhyme better than “size” and “right.”

But that’s just my opinion! I could be wrong! :)

strongballs
    Participant

I bought the last copy of the Cd and have the lryiic but also noted that there were no Vocal credits, could that mean Danny did all the vocal work himself on the songs?

Kipobe
    Participant

I think that was implied.

Spot3282
    Participant

Hey, I’m new here but if you still need to the lyrics go here http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0367594/quotes and scroll about 3/4 of the way down and they are there.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.