Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Charlotte’s Web Delayed

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    RCox
    Participant

According to its official website, “Charlotte’s Web” has been delayed until December 2006. Coincidentally, that is around the time that “Meet the Robinsons” is expected to open. Well, at least we get the IMAX film to tide us over.

Ghost Moth
    Participant

Wow, big delay. I wonder how Danny will work with this.

It would be cool if he could squeeze in another feature film, I’m going to be really anxious to hear another action or thriller score from Danny over the next year.

RCox
    Participant

It’s possible that this delay might not have any effect on the post production schedule. “Cars,” the upcoming Pixar film, was pushed from November 2005 to June 2006, but Randy Newman apparantly had the score in the can by September or October.

Of course, it is equally possible that the producers hate the current cut and are delaying the film in a desperate effort to save it.

Anything’s possible in Hollywood.

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

It might have to do with the fact that a kid’s fantasy based on a classic book would do better in the Christmas season rather than the over-crowded summertime where 12-year-old-boys rule the cultural taste!

Ryan

Spider-Fan
    Participant

Ehem, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory? Kid’s fantasy based on a classic book! That aside, this somewhat confirms my suspicion that the movie itself won’t be too good. I’m pretty sure Danny decided to do this just to fill his schedule and not have to do Spider-Man 3, but I wish he would have chosen a better movie. Meet the Robinsons looks like a good choice, though. But in the meantime, perhaps a small project will fill his time, like a video game, TV theme, or noticeable commercial? Or hanging out with Olliver, that’d be cool too.

TenderLumpling
    Participant

I’m pretty sure Danny decided to do this just to fill his schedule and not have to do Spider-Man 3…

I don’t think Danny needed an excuse not to score Spider-Man 3.

…but I wish he would have chosen a better movie.

Sometimes you don’t know a movie is bad until it’s finished; not that I’m insinuating that it is. We’ll have to see.

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

I actually can’t wait for CHARLOTTE’S WEB. It will be a nice change and I think the movie will be sufficiently cute,

Ryan

RCox
    Participant

I hope this is a good film. If any children’s book is capable of inspiring a great film, it’s “Charlotte’s Web.”

The animated one from the seventies is good, but I think it’s time someone hit it out of the park, pardon the cliche.

Spider-Fan
    Participant

I’d have more confidence in the movie if there was a more well-known and accomplished director on the project. We’ve got the guy from 13 Going On 30. If it was someone like Tim Burton or even Marc Forster, I’d be a bit more comforted. But seriously, imagine if Gary Winick had done “Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.” Only someone as talented as Tim Burton could make it a truly fantastic movie. As for “Charlotte,” call me crazy but I think Frank Coraci could make it pretty well.

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

Garry Winick also directed TADPOLE, which got decent reviews.

Ryan

chocothrax
    Participant

I can’t wait for the Charlottes Web score. Not very excited about Meet the Robinsons. Might be too goofy and happy sounding. Charlottes Web should have some sadness and sadness = good.

Dawg Man
    Participant

Delays are great. They mean Danny has more time to work on and refine his score, and that’s a composer’s dream.

Edward Bloom
    Participant

I’m not sure it means he’ll have more time to work on the project, only that he’ll start later…

Ghost Moth
    Participant

Hmmm. I hate to bring up the Stipko site, but back in November the webmaster was defending the fact about his close relationship with Oingo Boingo by saying something like how he knew “Danny is starting Web on Monday”.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.