Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Chorus Messages

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Spider-Fan
    Participant

So far, I’ve counted two Danny Elfman scores where the chorus is actually saying something. One is Mars Attacks: in the main titles, you can hear “chya,” which I interpret as a very sarcastic way of saying “ya” (yes, yeah, etc.) that is commonly used. Another is Men in Black. It’s been airing on Cinemax lately and since I don’t have the album, I always use my TiVo to continually play the finale, during which I think the chorus is saying “money, money, money.” Give each one a listen and let me know if I’m either right or clinically insane.

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

I hear that in SCROOGED they’re saying “Lalalalalalala” ;)

Ryan

KWashi
    Participant

I always thought “Descent into Mystery” from Batman was in Latin. Janet Halfyard mentions in “Danny Elfman’s Batman” that the Latin phrase “In sancto” are repeated throughout the chorus, but she says (most) everything else is indistinct.
    There’s also a backwards message in Edward Scissorhands……..j/k.

Katie
    Participant

And in The Nightmare Before Christmas, I can just barely make out a chorus singing, “Making Christmas.”

TenderLumpling
    Participant

And in The Nightmare Before Christmas, I can just barely make out a chorus singing, “Making Christmas.”

Okay, that’s enough. :)

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

According to Shirley Walker, the chorus in “Descent Into Mystery” is merely singing combinations of scales of “doh, ray, me, fah, soh, lah, te, doh”, etc.

Ryan

Edward Bloom
    Participant

“doh” ? A Simpson reference ?

PHIL
    Participant

“Let’s go see…a…bat cave ahhhhhhhhh, ahhhhhhhh, ahhhhhhh, ahhh, ahhh.”

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.