Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Corpse Bride: Pocket Review

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Lucius
    Participant

I’m not going to go too much into it and I’m not gonna spoil an f-ing thing. But, all I can say is that Burton and Elfman fans will NOT be disappointed. I saw the midnight screening last night at the Grove and the theatre was PACKED! There were Burtonites of all ages, shapes, and sizes…you could smell the potpourri of gothic nerd-dom from miles away…and what a bewitching scent it was.

Elfman’s score was absolutely breathtaking. All the other reviews were right, he defiantly settled back into his old roots…my ears haven’t been this happy in a long time. Now I LOVE ‘Charlie’…love, love, love it! One of the best scores he’s written in a while, but I think I love this one better…which is awesome. I’ll have to wait till Tuesday of course, (the score on VH1.com doesn’t work for me, dammit.) but some tracks took my breath away. The one I can’t wait to hear on my headphones is ‘Moon Dance’ and the ‘Finale’, some of his most gothic-ly gorgeous writing in a long time. The whole thing is like as if Edward Scissorhands, Beetlejuice and Sleepy Hollow had a threesome and this score was the fruit of their torrid night of bliss.

Also, the movie is so beautiful to look at; the animation is TOP NOTCH. Tim really took the animation style to the next level, so smooth and richly detailed. My only complaint is that the movie is too short. I mean, yes it does serve the purpose well, but I thought that it moved almost too quickly. I was so overwhelmed I almost wished they adjusted the pacing to let things settle a bit. But, who am I to complain; I’m sure upon repeated viewing it’ll be just fine.

While this movie doesn’t exceed ‘Nightmare’ (except animation-wise), it is definitely on par. I can’t wait to see it again tonight.

Lucius

elfmanguy
    Participant

Reading this i cant WAIT to see it! Thats right! Im in LA and i havent seen it yet! I am ashamed of myself. The next chance ill have to see it my be tomorrow if im lucky. If not then, Sunday. Im sure ill see it 10 times before its all over.Also i looked at the running time for both Nightmare and Corpse! Its almost the same but your saying the paceing is too fast so i dont know. Oh well. Oh and that VH1 site wont work for me either so your not alone.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.