Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Corpse Bride Soundtrack “First Listen” At VH1

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    sajrocks
    Participant

Only 19 tracks to listen to, but here it is…

http://www.vh1.com/movies/movie/243975/moviemain.jhtml
    [in the “check it out” section click “Hear Music First: Time Burton’s Corpse Bride”]

I personally will wait until the soudtrack comes out Tuesday.

saj

Dawg Man
    Participant

Ha. That’s the full CD it sounds like.

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

The tracks seem out of order. They’ve mislabeled “Victor’s Piano Solo”. The file is actually “According To Plan”. So “Into The Forest” is actually “Victor’s Piano Solo”, next is actually “Into The Forest” not “Remains of the Day”, etc!

Ryan

Spider-Fan
    Participant

Very Edward Scissorhands-y. It’s a great blend of Danny’s old and new styles. Not my favorite of his recent scores, but still very good. “Moon Dance” is a gorgeous track that brings thoughts of “Ice Dance.” Glad to hear he’s never giving up on generously adding chorus, that’s something he’s amazing at doing. I was hoping for a bit stronger of a finale, but it was beautiful nonetheless. I may have to wait two weeks to see the movie, but I’m sure that the score will compliment it very well. At least Ryan knows now, and some Californians, New Yorkers, and Torontoians…too.

guitarfreak
    Participant

o…m…f…g

i simply cannot wait for this sountrack to hit stores!!!!!!!!!

Dawg Man
    Participant

The theme for the movie (which can be heard in the piano solo) is one of the best Elfman’s ever done. I’m sorry, recent works aside, I don’t think he’s written a theme so catchy and evocative since Black Beauty.

Also, I love it when he pounds the theme into our heads, using it so much. That’s what makes stuff catchy. Some critics originally criticized John Williams for using the Imperial March so many times in The Empire Strikes Back but look at how ‘that one’ has stood the test of time.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.