Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Costumes this year

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Spider-Fan
    Participant

Almost forgot, I’ve asked this for the past couple of years…what’s everyone’s Halloween costume this year? I’m a 40’s journalist, complete with a real London Fog trenchcoat and a fake Fedora hat.

mootum
    Participant

In keeping with the tradition of Elfman/Burton costumes (Jack Skellington and Edward Scissorhands the past 2 years), this year of course I had to be Depp’s Willy Wonka!

I work at a children’s museum here in Milwaukee, and we had a big Halloween event on Friday night. Part of the fun was a scavenger hunt where the kids had to find 5 top hats hidden all around the museum, and then at the end find Willy Wonka (me) who was walking around somewhere in the building. It was so much fun!! One kid asked me, “What was your favorite part of your movie?” Another set of kids came up to me and said, “We have a song to sing you,” and then started singing “Willy Wonka, Willy Wonka, the amazing chocolatier!” over and over again. :)

SleepyHello
    Participant

did you act like Depp would have?

danielwolk
    Participant

I am going to be Max from Where The Wild Things Are

mootum
    Participant

I did the best that I could! Because it was a fun children’s event, though, I wasn’t annoyed at the kids like Wonka was in the movie. But I tried to get his mannerisms down, and his way of speaking… and, as there was even dancing and music going on, I went out on the dance floor with the kids a few times and tried to dance like Depp did when the Oompa Loompas were singing!

P.S. Some staff members took photos; I’ll post them if I get copies.

dorkman555
    Participant

“I’m a 40’s journalist, complete with a real London Fog trench coat and a fake Fedora hat.”

Why don’t you invest in a real fedora? I have three of them, and love them all. You should be able to find some high quality hats for between $30.00 and $80.00. I personally recommend fur felt crushables.

The link below is to an online store I have had good dealings with in the past. Maybe you know of another place? Everyone should own at least one good hat.

http://www.villagehatshop.com/hats_categories.html

Spider-Fan
    Participant

I appreciate the info, but I’m kinda running out of cash, so the $7 hat did just fine. Happy Halloween everyone!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.