Skip to content

Forums Forums General Discussion Current Elfman track I’m obsessed with.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Lucius
    Participant

Ever since my roommate TiVOed ‘Wisdom’ a couple weeks ago, I cannot get the damn ‘Main Title’ track out of my head. I’ve listened to it a LEAST once a day for 2 weeks. If you haven’t listened to it in a while, I recommend dusting that disc off and giving it a spin. Mind you, the ‘Main Title’ track is the LAST track on the CD, for some reason…I guess Danny saved the best for last.

I’m not saying the is the greatest track he’s ever written, but I do think it’s a sweet lil’ pile of awesome. Just thought I’d share.

Lucius

Ryan Keaveney
    Keymaster

My least favourite Elfman score. Well, it’s really the only one I don’t like. Sorry!

Ryan

Lucius
    Participant

It’s my least favorite too; that and ‘Proof of Life’. I must be getting crazy in my old age.

Lucius

mootum
    Participant

I have to agree with you about those Main Titles, Lucius! I haven’t actually listened to the Wisdom CD in years, but reading your post reminded me that I used to LOVE that particular track and, like you, would listen to it all the time. I just now put the CD in to check it out for ol’ times sake, and I still do love #16! Thanks for reminding me. :)

stanleyfilms
    Participant

i myself just revisited this score, and was amazed at how good it really is. and it really foreshadows the direction elfman has gone as a composer… suggesting his later scores such as “to die for” and “freeway.” this may be the best elfman score for a film people never heard of. i’ve also been listening to a lot of “a simple plan.” oh so beautiful.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.